Jacob's Ladder (disambiguation)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jacob's Ladder is a staircase to heaven from a dream of Jacob described in the Old Testament.
Jacob's Ladder may also refer to:
- Jacob's Ladder, Brisbane in Queensland
- A set of steps up the side of Castle Hill, Queensland, Australia
- A set of stairs from Mounts Bay Road to Cliff St in Perth
- New Zealand
- A set of stairs and the associated Jacobs Ladder Bridge between Westhaven and Saint Marys Bay, in Auckland, New Zealand
- A set of 279 stairs in Saint Clair, in Dunedin, New Zealand
- United Kingdom
- A 223 step 'shortcut' to McCaig's Tower in Oban, Argyllshire.
- A set of stone steps down to the lowest bridge at the waterfalls at Devil's Bridge, Ceredigion, Wales
- Jacob's Ladder Beach, in Sidmouth, Devon, England
- A scenic path in Cheddar Gorge in Somerset, England
- A scenic path on Kinder Scout in Derbyshire, England
- A path on Wenlock Edge at Eaton-under-Heywood, Shropshire, England
- A set of 111 steps in Falmouth, Cornwall
- Overseas Territories
- A hillside stairway of 699 steps between Jamestown, Saint Helena (British territory in the South Atlantic Ocean) and Half Tree Hollow
- United States
- U.S. Route 20 as it crosses the Berkshire Hills between the towns of Chester and Lee in western Massachusetts
- A trestle on the Mount Washington Cog Railway, New Hampshire
- Grand Canyon, Bright Angel Trail, from South Rim to canyon bottom starts with a steep series of switchbacks of this name.
- "Jacob's Ladder" (Huey Lewis and the News song), a 1987 song written by Bruce Hornsby, initially recorded by Huey Lewis and the News, and subsequently also by Hornsby
- "Jacob's Ladder", a song by Rush, on the 1980 album Permanent Waves
- "Jacob's Ladder (Not in My Name)", a 2002 song by Chumbawamba
- "Jacob's Ladder", a 1984 song by The Monochrome Set
- "Jacob's Ladder" (Mark Wills song), a 1996 song by Mark Wills, on his self-titled debut album
- "Jacob's Ladder", a song by Converge, on the 2003 album Unloved and Weeded Out
- "Jacob's Ladder", a song by Patrick Wolf, on the 2005 album Wind in the Wires
- "Jacob's Ladder", a song by Fucked Up, on the 2006 album Hidden World
- "We Are Climbing Jacob's Ladder", a spiritual/gospel/folk song
- Die Jakobsleiter (early 1920s), an unfinished oratorio by Arnold Schoenberg
- "The Dream of Jacob", a 1974 orchestral work by Krzysztof Penderecki
- "Jacob's Ladder", a 2003 song by Dreadlock Pussy
- "Burning Jacob's Ladder", a song by Mark Lanegan, published in two versions in 2011 and 2012
- In Mega Man X8, a plan to build a space elevator between the Moon and Earth is called the "Jakob Project"
- In the game Alpha Protocol the first mission is called Operation Jacob's Ladder
- The game Dear Esther features a story leading to speculations whether this might be a reference to Jacob's Ladder
- In the game Starcraft, a multiplayer map with the same name, selected in 1998 as Blizzard's Map of the Week.
- In the Animal Crossing series, Jacob's Ladders appear as flowers in perfect towns. However, their appearance actually is of the Lily of the Valley.
- Jacob's Ladder (film), a 1990 thriller/horror film
- Jacob's Ladder (2017 film), an upcoming film
- Jacob's Ladder, a 1998 novel by Donald McCaig
- Jacob's Ladder (novel), a 2005 novel by Brian Keaney
- Jacob's ladder (electricity), a device for producing high voltage traveling arcs, an electrical effect often employed in classic cinematic portrayals of scientific laboratories
- "Jacob's Ladder", a string figure pattern (children's game)
- Jacob's ladder (knife), a three-part pocket knife
- Jacob's ladder (manifold), a noncompact surface in mathematics
- Jacob's ladder (nautical), specialized ladders used at sea, especially a rope ladder with wooden steps for ascending from the deck to the rigging
- Jacob's Ladder (ropes course), a ladder made of eight logs of gradually increasing height
- Jacob's ladder (toy), a folk toy consisting of blocks on strings that, when held at one end, appear to cascade down the strings
- Ladder of Jacob, a pseudepigraphic text of the Old Testament
- "A Ladder to Heaven", a 2002 South Park episode
- Crepuscular rays shining down a hole in the clouds
- Polemonium, a genus of flowering plants, with common names "Jacob's Ladder" and "Abscess root"
- Colloquial name for the UK Beef cut of thin rib
- The Jacob's Ladder or Frenum piercing, a kind of male genital piercing
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Jacob's Ladder.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.