Jacob Astley, 3rd Baron Astley of Reading
He was the elder son of Isaac Astley, 2nd Baron Astley of Reading and his wife Anne Stydolfe, fourth daughter of Sir Francis Stydolfe. In 1662, he succeeded his father as baron. Astley was educated at St John's College, Cambridge.
He married his cousin Frances Stydolfe, daughter of Sir Richard Stydolfe, 1st Baronet. Their marriage was childless. Astley died at St Margaret's Church in Westminster and was buried in Maidstone in Kent. With his death the barony became extinct.
- "Leigh Rayment - Peerage". Retrieved 4 May 2009.
- Burke, John (1831). A General and Heraldic Dictionary of the Peerages of England, Ireland, and Scotland. London: Henry Colburn and Richard Bentley. p. 17.
- His name appears in Venn as James, rather than Jacob, Astley."Astley, James, Lord Reding (ASTY668J)". A Cambridge Alumni Database. University of Cambridge.
- "ThePeerage - Jacob Astley, 3rd Baron Astley of Reading". Retrieved 11 February 2007.
- "British History Online". Retrieved 4 May 2009.
|Peerage of England|
|Baron Astley of Reading
1662 – 1688
|This biography of a baron or baroness in the Peerage of England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|