Batalon at 2017 San Diego Comic-Con
|Born||October 9, 1996|
Jacob Batalon (/ /,, born October 9, 1996) is a Filipino-American actor, best known for his role as Ned Leeds in the Marvel Cinematic Universe films Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017), Avengers: Infinity War (2018), Avengers: Endgame (2019), and Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019).
Early life and education
Batalon was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, to Filipino parents. Upon graduating from the private Catholic school St. Anthony's School, he went to Damien Memorial School, then Batalon attended Kapi'olani Community College to study music theory, but later dropped out. He then took a two-year program to study acting at the New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts.
Batalon made his acting debut in 2016, when he made an appearance in the film North Woods.
In 2017, Batalon landed his first major role in Spider-Man: Homecoming, as Peter Parker's friend Ned. He reprised the role in Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame, and the 2019 sequel Spider-Man: Far From Home.
|Spider-Man: Homecoming||Ned Leeds|
|Avengers: Infinity War||Ned Leeds||Cameo|
|2019||Avengers: Endgame||Ned Leeds||Cameo|
|Spider-Man: Far From Home|
|The True Don Quixote||Sancho Panza|
|Let It Snow||Keon|
|Bubble Gang||Need||2 episodes|
|2020||Day by Day||Lucas||Episode: "#AnnabelleClarkeIsOverParty"|
|50 States of Fright||Simon||Episode: "Red Rum (Colorado)"|
|2021||Untitled Spider-Man: Far From Home sequel||Ned Leeds||Filming|
- Harada, Wayne (July 27, 2016). "Damien grad Batalon lands a leading role in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'". Show and Tell Hawai'i. Archived from the original on August 14, 2016. Retrieved October 27, 2016 – via Honolulu Star-Advertiser.
- As pronounced by Jacob Batalon and Tom Holland in "Tom Holland, Zendaya & Jacob Batalon Answer the Web's Most Searched Questions" (Wired, June 25, 2009) – via YouTube.
- "Jimmy Kimmel & Jacob Batalon Surprise FaceTime with Tom Holland". Jimmy Kimmel Live!. July 13, 2007. Retrieved June 6, 2008 – via YouTube.
- Collura, Scott (April 3, 2017). "17 Things We Learned on the Set of Spider-Man: Homecoming". IGN. Archived from the original on January 3, 2020. Retrieved April 3, 2017.
- Strom, Marc (July 23, 2016). "SDCC 2016: 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Introduces Its Villain". Marvel.com. Archived from the original on June 12, 2018. Retrieved April 12, 2017.
- Leadbeater, Alex (November 15, 2016). "Spider-Man: Homecoming's Jacob Batalon is Playing Ned Leeds". Screen Rant. Retrieved April 6, 2017.
- Fuster, Jeremy (July 7, 2017). "Jacob Batalon Ready for Big Time With 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Debut". TheWrap. Retrieved May 17, 2020.
- Levine, Daniel S. (March 28, 2017). "Jacob Batalon: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know". Heavy.com. Retrieved May 17, 2020.
- Erbland, Kate (July 7, 2017). "How 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Star Jacob Batalon Went From College Dropout to Blockbuster Star". IndieWire. Retrieved July 9, 2017.
- Dumaraog, Ana (July 15, 2018). "Peter's Classmates Return in Spider-Man: Far From Home Set Photo". Screen Rant. Retrieved July 15, 2018.
- N'Duka, Amanda (July 7, 2017). "Maria Bello, Debby Ryan, 'Spider-Man: Homecoming's Jacob Batalon & More Join 'Every Day' From MGM". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved July 9, 2017.