March 18, 1990 |
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||195 lb (88 kg; 13 st 13 lb)|
|NHL Draft||84th overall, 2008
Jacob DeSerres (born March 18, 1990) is a Canadian former professional ice hockey goaltender who is currently playing for the Lacombe Generals in the Chinook Hockey League (ChHL). DeSerres was selected by the Philadelphia Flyers in the third round (84th overall) of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft after finishing the (2007–08) season with the top save percentage in the WHL,tied with Dustin Tokarski.
DeSerres played parts of five seasons in the Western Hockey League for Seattle and Brandon before joining the QMJHL's Saint John Sea Dogs in 2010 as an overaged player. He played in back-to-back Memorial Cup Finals, losing to the Windsor Spitfires in 2010 with the Brandon Wheat Kings before winning with the Saint John Sea Dogs in 2011. In 154 regular season appearances at the major junior level, DeSerres posted a record of 93-47-5, with a cumulative goals against average of 2.67 and .906 save percentage. He appeared in 35 major junior playoff games, posting a record of 21-7-2.
Following his 2010–11 season with the Sea Dogs, DeSerres returned to his hometown to study Economics and International Relations and play for the Dinos at the University of Calgary. In a 4-year career with the Calgary Dinos, he appeared in 48 regular season games posting a record of 32-13-2, with a cumulative goals against average of 2.19 and .914 save percentage. DeSerres was named the CIS “Goaltender of the Year” during the 2013–14 season, while also being named to the CIS All-Canadian First Team during that same season. DeSerres joined the Colorado Eagles late in the 2014–15 campaign and posted a 1.94 goals-against average and a .930 save percentage in two regular season starts. He would also go on to see action in two playoff contests for the Eagles against the Ontario Reign.
Awards and honours
- Mac's Midget Tournament Bronze Medalist (2006)
- Telus Cup Silver Medalist (2006)
- Canada Games Bronze Medalist (2007)
- Jacques Plante Memorial Trophy QMJHL Best Goals-Against Average (2010–11)
- President's Cup (QMJHL) Championship (2011)
- Memorial Cup Championship (2011)
- Memorial Cup final first star (2011)
- CIS All-Canadian First Team (2013–14)
- CIS Goaltender of the Year (2013–14)
- "WHL goaltender season statistics 2008". Western Hockey League. 2012-03-04. Retrieved 2013-02-03.
- "Jacob DeSerres player profile". Western Hockey League. 2013-04-15. Retrieved 2013-04-15.
- "Jacob DeSerres Sea Dogs profile". Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. 2013-04-15. Retrieved 2013-04-15.
- "Eagles bring back Memorial Cup winner DeSerres". Colorado Eagles. 2015-07-08. Retrieved 2015-07-08.