Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2015)|
|Headquarters||Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
The Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company (//), a subsidiary of SABMiller, is a regional American beermaker based in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin, United States. Leinenkugel is mainly distributed in the Upper Midwest, but is available in limited quantities throughout the United States. Its products are colloquially known as Leinies.
During Prohibition, the company produced near beer known as "Leino" as well as soda water. The company expanded from its local roots in the 1970s, introducing a light beer. Miller Brewing Company, now a subsidiary of SABMiller, bought the company in 1988.
On March 28, 2006, the company introduced Sunset Wheat beer, brewed with wheat, hops, and coriander. Summer Shandy, a seasonal mix of wheat beer and lemonade, was introduced in 2007. In 2010 Big Eddy Russian Imperial Stout was re-introduced in select markets. In 2012 the company introduced Snowdrift Vanilla Porter and Lemonberry Shandy. Canoe Paddler beer was introduced for spring and summer 2013.
Leinenkugel has two breweries: the original, located in Chippewa Falls, and the 10th Street Brewery (formerly the Val Blatz 10th Street Brewery) in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Approximately 95% of Leinenkugel's sales, by volume, is brewed in the Chippewa Falls location.
The 10th Street Brewery, opened in 1986 by G. Heileman Brewing Company for the Blatz label, was purchased by Leinenkugel in 1995. It produces Leinenkugel's Big Eddy ale line, a series of seasonal, high alcohol beers.
- "SAB Miller - Brands - Leinenkugel’s Original". Retrieved 2011-07-02.
- Leinenkugel's "Summer Shandy" Television Ad
- "History of the Leinenkugel Brewery: 1st Generation". Retrieved 2011-07-02.
- "History of the Leinenkugel Brewery: 2nd Generation". Retrieved 2011-07-02.
- "History of the Leinenkugel Brewery: 4th Generation". Retrieved 2011-07-02.
- "History of the Leinenkugel Brewery: 5th Generation". Retrieved 2011-07-02.