Loko in 2015
12 August 1992 |
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
|Height||192 cm (6 ft 4 in)|
|Weight||107 kg (17 st)|
|As of 24 September 2015
Jacob Loko (born 12 August 1992) is an Australian rugby league player who currently signed for the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs in the National Rugby League (NRL) competition. Loko is of Fijian and Tongan descent.
 Loko was raised in Claymore, New South Wales (a small suburb in Campbelltown), Loko began playing junior rugby league for Campbelltown City Kangaroos and Eagle Vale, while also attending Eaglevale High School. Loko then moved to Westfields Sports High School playing junior league with the Cabramatta Two Blues and Allsaints Toongabbie, before completing his senior year at The Hills Sports High School. He was part of the team that won the ARL Schoolboy Cup, formerly known as the Arrive Alive or Nutri-Grain cup, and also played for the New South Wales under 18's team at the state championships.
Rugby league career
2010-14: Career with Parramatta
During Loko's senior year in high school Loko performed strongly on the Parramatta Eels S. G. Ball Cup squad, which earned him a place in the National Youth Competition team. Loko has played 16 games for the Parramatta Eels' National Youth Competition team over the 2010 and 2011 season, in which he has scored 7 tries including a hat-trick against the South Sydney Rabbitohs. Loko made his debut for the Parramatta Eels in round five of the 2011 NRL season against the Melbourne Storm where the Parramatta Eels were defeated 38–0. He suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in the Round 17 game against the Brisbane Broncos. He was ruled out of the remainder of the 2011 NRL season and was hoping to return to first grade in 2012.[needs update] In the 2012 preseason, Loko sustained another knee injury whilst boxing. He was once again ruled out for the remainder of the season. Loko returned to first grade in the 2013 NRL season and made his long awaited return in Round 1 against the Warriors, where the Eels won 40-10.
2014-2015: Career with Bulldogs
On Wednesday 2 2014, The Bulldogs have moved to shore up their outside backs stocks with confirmation they have signed promising Eels centre Jacob Loko, effective immediately. According to Bulldogs club legend Terry Lamb, Loko has the same physical traits and dimensions as a young former Bulldog Sonny Bill Williams.
In October 2015, Loko was caught with five capsules filled with ecstasy on his person at The Star casino. He was sacked by the Bulldogs as a result.
- Rugby League Project
- Jacob Loko Stats Archived 29 November 2010 at the Wayback Machine.
- Parramatta Eels profile, Parramatta Eels, retrieved 25 April 2011.
- Hill Sport's Wins ARL Schoolboy Cup, Ourfootyteam.com, retrieved 25 April 2011.
- Jacob Loko Stats, rleague.com Archived 29 November 2010 at the Wayback Machine., retrieved 25 April 2011.
- STEVE ZEMEK (16 December 2014). "NRL 2015: Terry Lamb anoints Jacob Loko Bulldogs' fullback for next season". AAP. Retrieved 17 December 2014.
- "Canterbury Bulldogs player Jacob Loko charged with drink driving". AAP. 2 January 2015. Retrieved 3 January 2015.
- "Dumped NRL players Willis Pele Meehan and Jacob Loko front court". SMH. 29 January 2016. Retrieved 1 July 2016.