Jacqueline Beer, 1962
14 October 1932
|Other names||Jacqueline Baer|
|Spouse(s)||Jean Antonio Garcia Roady (1955-?)
Thor Heyerdahl (m. 1991–2002) his death
Jacqueline Beer (born Jacqueline Vangramberg on October 14, 1932 in Paris, France), sometimes credited as Jacqueline Baer, is a former Hollywood film and television actress who was Miss France in the 1954 Miss Universe Pageant. She is Chair of the Board of Directors of the Thor Heyerdahl Research Centre.
Soon after competing in the Miss Universe contest, Beer signed a contract with Paramount Pictures. Her American film debut came in 1956 when she had an uncredited role as a model in That Certain Feeling. She was also in Screaming Eagles (1956) and The Prize (1963).
In 1991, Beer married the noted ethnographer and adventurer Thor Heyerdahl, whom she met in Güímar, on the Spanish island of Tenerife. She became part of his work, using her skills as an amateur photographer. Since his death in 2002, she has remained active in the Thor Heyerdahl Research Centre in Aylesbury, UK, and is Chair of the Board of Directors.
|1955||The People's Choice||Yvette||"Sock Plays Cupid", with Jackie Cooper|
|1956||The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show||Yvette||Three episodes|
|1958||Maverick||Henriette||Episode: "Diamond in the Rough" with Jack Kelly|
|1958–1964||77 Sunset Strip||Suzanne, the switchboard operator||Recurring Role|
|1959||Sugarfoot||Yvette Marveux||Episode: "The Royal Raiders" with Will Hutchins|
|1960||The Alaskans||Jacqueline St. Clair||Episode "The Seal Skin-Game"|
|1961–1962||Bronco||Celeste Powell and Duchess Eugenia||Two episodes|
|1965||The Rogues||Jean||Episode "Gambit by the Golden Gate"|
|1965||Mister Ed||Inez||Episode "Ed the Counterspy"|
|1965||Run for Your Life||Jeannine Manet||Episode "The Cold, Cold War of Paul Bryan"|
|1965||The Man from U.N.C.L.E.||Genevieve Fiamma||Episode "The Re-Collectors Affair"|
|1966||Daniel Boone||Heloise Jolliet||Episode "Gabrie"|
|1966||Jericho||Episode "Upbeat and Underground"|
|1979||The French Atlantic Affair||Madam Grilley|
- Aaker, Everett (2006). Encyclopedia of Early Television Crime Fighters. McFarland & Company, Inc. ISBN 978-0-7864-6409-8. Pp. 39-40,
- "(photo caption)". Texas, Waco. Waco Tribune-Herald. July 11, 1954. p. 8. Retrieved January 1, 2016 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Miss France of 1954 in '77 Sunset Strip'". Pennsylvania, Titusville. The Titusville Herald. July 23, 1960. p. 7. Retrieved January 1, 2016 – via Newspapers.com.
- Belser, Emily (July 13, 1955). "'Miss Universe' Winners Seldom Become Success". Texas, Corsicana. Corsicana Daily Sun. p. 11. Retrieved January 1, 2016 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Hollywood News Briefs". Texas, Denton. Denton Record-Chronicle. November 27, 1955. p. 16. Retrieved January 1, 2016 – via Newspapers.com.
- "(advertisement)". California, Long Beach. Long Beach Independent. May 15, 1956. p. 11. Retrieved January 1, 2016 – via Newspapers.com.
- "(TV listing)". Texas, Pampa. Pampa Daily News. October 23, 1977. p. 20. Retrieved January 1, 2016 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Plan to Wed". Virginia, Danville. The Bee. November 26, 1955. p. 12. Retrieved January 1, 2016 – via Newspapers.com.
- Resnik, Bert (April 14, 1963). "Bert's Eye View". California, Long Beach. Independent Press-Telegram. p. 97. Retrieved January 1, 2016 – via Newspapers.com.
|This article about a United States film and television actor or actress born in the 1930s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|