15 July 1966 |
|Education||Willem de Kooning Academy, Rotterdam; Royal Art Academy of Art, The Hague; Trondheim Academy of Fine Art|
|Known for||Visual arts; Photography, Conceptual art, Installation art, Film|
Jacqueline Hassink (born 15 July 1966) is a Dutch visual artist.
Early life and education
Hassink is a Dutch visual artist who is based in New York City. She has created several global art projects on the theme of world economic power. Her first art project, The Table of Power (1993–95), was followed by projects such as: Female Power Stations: Queen Bees (1996–2000), Car Girls (2002–08), Haute Couture Fitting Rooms, Paris (2003–12), and The Table of Power 2 (2009-11). Hassink’s work has been exhibited at Huis Marseille in Amsterdam; Fotomuseum Winterthur, Winterthur; ICP in New York;Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Photography, Tokyo; the Victoria and Albert Museum in London and the Guangzhou Museum of Modern Art, Guangzhou.
Hassink participated in the Prix Pictet 2012, a project dedicated to photography and sustainability. Her follow-up book, The Table of Power 2, was nominated for the 2012 Paris Photo/ Aperture Book Award. The book appeared on the shortlist for the PHotoEspaña Best Photography Book of the Year Award, and received special mention though it did not win the award. Hassink's work has appeared in The Financial Times,Le Monde, The New York Times, El Pais, Frankfurter Allgemeine, Süddeutsche Zeitung, Reuters, Financial Times Deutschland, D2, De Standaard, NZZ, Newsweek and Wired.
- The Table of Power, Menno van de Koppel, (Amsterdam), February 1996, ISBN 978-9-07392-614-1 and September 2000, ISBN 978-9-07392-623-3.
- Female Power Stations: Queen Bees, Menno van de Koppel (Amsterdam), October 1999, ISBN 978-9-0739-2622-6.
- Mindscapes, Birkhäuser Verlag (Basel), March 2003, ISBN 978-3-7643-6993-4.
- The Power Book. London: Chris Boot, 2007, ISBN 978-1-9057-1207-6.
- Domains of Influence, I.B. Tauris (London), June 2008, ISBN 978-1-8451-1659-0.
- Quarry Walls, self-published, July 2008.
- Car Girls, Aperture, April 2009, ISBN 978-1-59711-097-6.
- Car Girls pocket edition, Aperture, September 2009, ISBN 978-1-5971-1106-5.
- The Table of Power 2, Hatje Cantz, December 2011, ISBN 978-3-7757-3214-7.
- The Table of Power 2 Special Edition I (walnut), Hatje Cantz, January 2012, ISBN 978-3-7757-3333-5.
- The Table of Power 2 Special Edition II (cherry), Hatje Cantz, January 2012, ISBN 978-3-7757-3334-2 .
- The Table of Power 2 Special Edition III (red gum), Hatje Cantz, January 2012, ISBN 978-3-7757-3335-9.
- Black Walls, self-published, November 2012.
- View, Kyoto, Hatje Cantz, March 2015, ISBN 978-3-7757-3910-8.
- Wu, Daven (Feb 6, 2012) Book: The Table of Power 2, by Jacqueline Hassink Wallpaper
- "Jacqueline Hassink: The Power Show". Huis Marseille. 2007.
- "Jacqueline Hassink". Prix Pictet. Retrieved 4 Dec 2012.
- "PhotoBook Awards Shortlist Announced". Aperture. September 2012.
- "Best Photography Book of the Year Award". LaFabrica.com. 2012.
- Jacqueline Hassink (18 November 2011). "Top tables". Financial Times.