|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (May 2015)|
Bouillart was born in the Diocese of Chartres. He professed at the Monastery of St. Faron de Meaux in 1687. He was the author of Histoire de l'abbaye royale de Saint-Germain-des-Prés (Paris, 1724). This history of the Benedictine monastery contains biographies of the abbots that ruled over it, since its foundation by Childeric I in 543, along with historical events related to the abbey. It also contains many illustrations and detailed descriptions of architecture, art and historical documents. Bouillart also edited a martyrology of Usuard. In this publication he attempted to establish the genuineness and authenticity of the manuscript preserved at Saint-Germain-des-Prés, against the Jesuit hagiographer Père Jean-Baptiste Du Sollier (1669–1740), who in his revised edition of Usuard's martyrology had paid no attention to this manuscript.
- De Lama, Bibliothèque des écrivains de la congrégation de Saint-Maur (Munich and Paris, 1882), 128
- Magnoald Ziegelbauer, Historia rei literariae ordinis S. Benedicti (Augsburg and Wurzburg, 1754), IV, 558
- Hugo von Hurter, Nomenclator (Innsbruck, 1893), II, 1201
- Jean-Philippe Le Cerf, Bibliothèque historique et critique des auteurs de la Congrégation de Saint-Maur (The Hague 1726)
- Herbermann, Charles, ed. (1913). "Jacques Bouillart". Catholic Encyclopedia. New York: Robert Appleton Company. This article incorporates text from a publication now in the public domain: Herbermann, Charles, ed. (1913). "Jacques Bouillart". Catholic Encyclopedia. New York: Robert Appleton.