This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Brautbar in Los Angeles 2016
|Alma mater||University of Southern California Thornton School of Music|
|Years active||1997 – present|
|Known for||Phantom Planet|
|"California", Theme song to the hit show "The OC"|
Jacques Brautbar (born March 14, 1979) is an American photographer, producer, writer and guitarist, formerly of rock band Phantom Planet. He left the band in 2004, after their self-titled third album, to pursue a career in photography. Brautbar's photo credits include Rolling Stone, Spin, Nylon, Jane and High Times magazines.
In the spring of 2006, Brautbar returned to music and began to play shows with Beck, OK Go, UH HUH HER, Jack's Mannequin and the electronica band Something for Rockets. Brautbar toured with Something for Rockets for over a year and is a co-writer on their second record. Brautbar has since moved on from the band to explore music composition and production.
In 2008, Brautbar began writing music for film and television and co-writing with other artists. He most recently co-produced and co-wrote the forthcoming album Beneath The Noise for Jasmine Ash, with longtime collaborator and former bandmate Sam Farrar. The album has already achieved sync success on several hit TV shows and ad campaigns like Nissan, Apple, JC Penney, Macy’s, and The Good Wife.
- "Vapor RMW". vapormusic.com. Retrieved 11 October 2018.
- "iPad". Apple. Retrieved 11 October 2018.
- LipSyncM (3 May 2010). "Jasmine Ash's "Starlight" in Macy's Mothers Day Ad". Retrieved 11 October 2018 – via YouTube.
- "The Good Wife TV Soundtracks - Adtunes". Retrieved 11 October 2018.
- "BMI Continues to Support the Sundance Institute Film Music Program". 29 June 2016. Retrieved 11 October 2018.