Jacques Couëlle (1902–1996) was a French architect, whose work was marked by the movement known as architecture-sculpture.
Jacques Couëlle is a self-taught architect. Uncategorised, he remains on the margins of major movements in architecture and in particular the Modern Movement. In 1946 he founded "the Research Centre of natural structures". Nicknamed "the architect of billionaires" he has made exceptional homes.
The specificity of Couëlle's architecture is its relationship to nature. His houses fit perfectly into their natural environment because they borrow their forms. They are "home-landscape". This relationship with nature is associated with Antoni Gaudí's organic architecture like the famous Park Güell (1900–1914) in Barcelona, where the paths carved into the slope as caves follow the contours of the land.
He worked together with his son Savin Jacques Couëlle (1929–2020).
- Bastide Saint-François (1925–1936) in the Alpes-Maritimes
- Villa Goupil in Chevreuse (78)
- Village Castellarras-le-Vieux (1955–1963) on the Côte d'Azur
- Hotel Cala di Volpe (1962) in Sardinia
- The House stones at Louveciennes (1994) Brochure
- Villa Super Cannes
- "Architekt der Milliardäre" @ Volcania.
- "Maison Jacques Couëlle - un lieu extra-ordinaire". Architecturedecollection.fr. Archived from the original on 2012-02-22. Retrieved 2012-03-10.
- “The versatility of concrete allows for creativity and individualism Archived 2016-03-04 at the Wayback Machine” adopted from an article by George Perkin. Reprinted courtesy of CONCRETE QUARTERLY, Cement and Concrete Association, 52 Grosvenor Gardens, London SW 1, England
- Michel Ragon, "Jacques Couëlle,inCimaise, No. 103, August–October 1971.
- Luigi Gilbert Couëlle Jacques:architectural brackets, Brussels, Peter Mardaga, 1982.
- Luigi Gilbert,Jacques Couëlle: live elsewhere now,the catalog of the exhibition at the Pompidou Center, Paris: Center Georges Pompidou, 1988.
- "Jacques Couëlle,Le Moniteur architecture AMC, No. 69, March 1996, p. 18-19.
- Frances Arnold, "Jacques Couëlle: houses carved in stone,Le Moniteur architecture AMC, No. 77, February 1997, pp. 56–59.
- Jacques-Couelle Castellaras-le-Vieux houses landscape a 52-minute documentary by Patricia Civel and Jerome Sadler