||This biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Jacques Kinnaer (born 1966) is a Belgian Egyptologist and author with an M.A. from the University of Leuven (1988). He is the creator of The Ancient Egypt Site, a popular site dealing with the history and culture of Ancient Egypt.
Kinnaer studied Egyptology at the University of Leuven from 1984 to 1988 and was taught by Professor Jan Quaegebeur. He received his Masters in Egyptology from the University of Leuven and followed additional courses Professors Jean-Marie Kruchten and Philippe Derchain. His specialty is hieroglyphs.
He currently works as a free lance IT tester.
- "Le Mekes et l'Imit-Per dans les scènes des temples Ptolémaiques et Romains", in OLP 22 (1991), pp. 73–99
- "De Ene en de Velen : Opmerkingen over het Oudegyptisch godsbeeld", in Scriba 1 (1992), pp. 71–137
- "The Decoration Program of the Propylon of Khonsu at Karnak", in KMT 10/2 (1999), pp. 56–65
- The Narmer Palette, in The Glyph 1/18 (September 1999), pp. 8–9
- Miscellaneous contributions to the website of EgyptVoyager, 2000 ff.
- "Thutmose II Chronology Questioned", Reader's Letter in KMT 11/3 (2000), pp. 4–5
- "Aha or Narmer. Which Was Menes?" in KMT 12/3 (2001), pp. 74–81
- "Akhenaten. What's in a Name?" in Seshen 14 (2002), pp. 5–6
- "Het Naqada-label en het debat rond de identificatie van Menes", in Phoenix 48,1 (2002), pp. 4–13
- "The Naqada Label and the Identification of Menes", in: Eldamaty, Mamdouh; Trad, Mai [Editors], Egyptian Collections around the World: Studies for the Centennial of the Egyptian Museum, Cairo. (Cairo; Supreme Council of Antiquities. Distributed by the American University in Cairo Press; 2002), pages 657–666
- "The Naqada Label and the Identification of Menes", in Göttinger Miszellen 196 (2003), pp. 23–30.
- "Nefertiti Maelstrom", Reader's Letter in KMT 14/4 (2003), pp. 5–6
- "What is Really Known About The Narmer Palette?", in KMT 15/1 (2004), pp. 48–54.
- The Ancient Egypt Site at ancient-egypt.org (Kinnaer's website)
|This article about a Belgian scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about an Egyptologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|