||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Early life and career
Born in Dublin, Ireland, she grew up in Coventry, England. She studied sports science at Birmingham University, and represented Great Britain in rhythmic gymnastics at the 1984 Olympic Games in Los Angeles, placing 31st in the All-Around.
She joined Sky News in 1992, where she first worked as a publicist before later becoming a sports reporter and presenter. She now presents updates on weekdays (Monday to Thursday) during Sunrise and for the first hour of the following programme.
She is a supporter of Arsenal Football Club and of Celtic F.C. and the Republic of Ireland national football team. She also has a strong passion for tennis and has done many news reports on the sport for Sky News and Sky Sports News.
She lives with her husband and three children in South West London. The family also own a holiday home in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The family have 2 rescue dogs, after she appeared on Sky News representing Dogs Trust.
- "British Olympic Association profile of Jacqueline Leavy". British Olympic Association. Retrieved 4 June 2009.
- "Biographies: Sports Presenter: Jacquie Beltrao". Sky Press Office. Retrieved 20 April 2008.
- Brennan, Colin (31 December 2013). "Irish Sky News sports presenter Jacquie Beltrao reveals she has breast cancer". Irish Mirror. Trinity Mirror. Retrieved 31 December 2013.
- Calnan, Denise (31 December 2013). "Sky News sports presenter Jacquie Beltrao reveals she has breast cancer". The Irish Independent. Independent News and Media. Retrieved 1 January 2014.
- Jacquie Beltrao at the Internet Movie Database
- California Dreaming Sky News, 19 August 2008 (Retrieved on 20 August 2008)
|This biographical article related to television journalism in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|