|No. 56 Tampa Bay Buccaneers|
|Date of birth:||March 18, 1990|
|Place of birth:||Dallas, Texas|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||260 lb (118 kg)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 3, 2015|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Jacquies Smith (born March 18, 1990) is an American football defensive end who is currently with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He played college football at Missouri. He signed with the Miami Dolphins as an undrafted free agent in 2012.
He attended South Oak Cliff High school. He was an All-Midlands Region defensive lineman by PrepStar Magazine.
In his Sophomore season, He was the Team Spring Most Improved Defensive lineman. In his Junior season, He was selected for the Jeff Rigman Outstanding Underclassman Leadership Award and was selected to the 2nd-Team All-Big 12 team following the conclusion of his Junior season. In his Senior season, He was named to the Pre-Season 1st-Team All-Big 12 Lindy's, Blue Ribbon, Pre-Season 2nd-Team All-Big 12 Athlon, Phil Steele. He also was selected to the Pre-Season CFPA DL Watch List and Pre-Season Lombardi Watch List prior to the season.
Miami Dolphins (2012)
Hamilton Tiger-Cats (2012)
New York Jets (2012-2013)
On December 4, 2012, He signed with the New York Jets to join the practice squad. On December 31, He was signed with the New York Jets to a reserve/future contract. He was released on August 31, 2013.
Buffalo Bills (2013)
Smith signed with the Buffalo Bills on December 30, 2013.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2014-present)
Smith signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on September 10, 2014 after the team had waived Rookie DE Scott Solomon. Since joining Tampa Bay Smith was able to go from a rotational Defensive lineman to beating out William Gholston for the starting Defensive End position. Under Lovie Smith's Tampa 2 system Smith has recorded 17 combined tackles, 13 solo tackles, 6.5 sacks, and 1 forced fumble for the 2014 season in only 8 starts.
Smith was retained for the 2015 season for an opportunity to compete for a starting role on the Defensive line.
He recorded a career-high 3 sacks in one game against the New Orleans Saints on September 20, 2015, the most by a Buccaneer since Gerald McCoy recorded the same amount on November 17, 2013 against the Atlanta Falcons. After the game in New Orleans, Smith led the NFL in sacks after two weeks with a total of 4.
- "Missouri Tigers Profile". mutigers.com.
- "Tiger Football Hands Out Team Awards". mutigers.com. Retrieved November 28, 2010.
- "All-Big 12 Football Awards Announced". big12sports.com. Retrieved November 30, 2010.
- "Smith, Madison Named to Lombardi Watch List". mutigers.com. Retrieved July 13, 2011.
- "Dolphins Announce Signing Of 16 Undrafted College Free Agents". miamidolphins.com. Retrieved May 4, 2012.
- "Dolphins sign up 16 college free agents". profootballtalk.nbcsports.com. Retrieved May 4, 2012.
- "Dolphins Make Roster Moves". miamidolphins.com. Retrieved August 25, 2012.
- "Tiger-Cats Add to Defensive Line". oursportscentral.com. Retrieved October 1, 2012.
- "TIGER-CATS ADD TO DEFENSIVE LINE". ticats.ca. Retrieved October 1, 2012.
- "Jacquies Smith #92 – Hamilton Tiger-Cats". covers.com.
- "LB Jacquies Smith Signed to Practice Squad". newyorkjets.com. Retrieved December 4, 2012.
- "Jets Sign 8 to Reserve/Future Contracts". newyorkjets.com. Retrieved December 31, 2012.
- Lange, Randy (31 August 2013). "Jets Move 22, Get Down to 53-Man Active Roster". New York Jets. Archived from the original on 1 September 2013. Retrieved 1 September 2013.