View near Jadcherla town
|• Total||15.83 km2 (6.11 sq mi)|
|Elevation||550 m (1,800 ft)|
|• Density||1,100/km2 (2,900/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Jadcherla is a census town in Mahbubnagar district of the Indian state of Telangana. It is located in Jadcherla mandal in Mahbubnagar revenue division. In 2011, it was upgraded from village to a census town, along with 11 other villages.:13 It is a historical town and is known for its cultural heritage.
Jadcherla is located at and at an altitude of 14 m (46 ft). The village is spread over an area of 550 km2 (210 sq mi).
As of 2011[update] census, Jadcherla had a population of 17,958. The total population constitute, 9,083 males and 8,875 females —a sex ratio of 977 females per 1000 males. 2,251 children are in the age group of 0–6 years, of which 1,139 are boys and 1,112 are girls. The average literacy rate stands at 75.25% with 11,820 literates, significantly higher than the state average of 67.41%.
Government and Politics
Jadcherla is a part of Jadcherla assembly constituency for Telangana Legislative Assembly. C. Laxma Reddy is the present MLA of the constituency from Telangana Rashtra Samithi. It is also a part of Mahabubnagar lok sabha constituency which was won by A. P. Jithender Reddy of Telangana Rashtra Samithi.
Pharmaceutical industry of Special Economic Zone and Green Industrial Park are for providing local employment. Apart from this, there are other sectors like, tourism and real estate contributing to the economy.
There exists some of the historical religious structures. The Hindu temples include, 12th century Chennakeshava temple, Anjaneya temple, Maisamma temple, Parushaveri temple and Ranganayaka temple. The Jain shrine also exists by the name Gollatha Gudi. Other notable landmarks of the town are Nachiketa Tapovanam, Sitammajalu waterfall, Mayuri nursery etc.
The town connected to the major destinations through national and state highways. Asian highway 43 and NH 167 passes through the town. The State Highway 18 connects it with Nalgonda and SH 21 with Wanaparthy. TSRTC operates buses to various destinations from Jadcherla bus station. Jadcherla is as a railway station in Hyderabad railway division of South Central Railway zone.
- "District Census Handbook – Mahabubnagar" (PDF). Census of India. p. 12,32. Retrieved 22 September 2015.
- "Maps, Weather, and Airports for Jadcherla, India". fallingrain.com.
- "District Level Mandal wise List of Villages in Andhra Pradesh" (PDF). Chief Commissioner of Land Administration. National Informatics Centre. p. 10. Archived from the original (PDF) on 19 April 2014. Retrieved 23 January 2016.
- "Government Plans to Develop Jadcherla as Tourist Hub". The New Indian Express. 26 October 2015. Retrieved 1 June 2016.
- "MLA". Telangana State Portal. Retrieved 1 June 2016.
- "MP (Lok Sabha)". Government of AP. Retrieved 4 May 2015.
- "Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies Order, 2008" (PDF). Election Commission of India. p. 13,29. Retrieved 11 October 2014.
- "City industrial parks to go green". The Times of India. 16 December 2015. Retrieved 1 June 2016.
- "Telangana highways set to be expanded". Deccan Chronicle. Hyderabad. 28 July 2015. Retrieved 23 January 2016.
- "Bus Stations". TSRTC. Retrieved 1 June 2016.
- "New JNNURM buses launched". The Hans India. Hyderabad. 19 September 2015. Retrieved 23 January 2016.
- "JCL/Jadcherla (3 PFs) Railway Station – Train Arrival Timings – India Rail Info".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jadcherla.|