|Chinese name||謝美玉 (traditional)|
|Chinese name||谢美玉 (simplified)|
|Pinyin||Xiè Měiyù (Mandarin)|
April 6, 1982 |
|Occupation||Actress, host, model, Radio DJ at 987FM (As of late 2012)|
Seah was a model before going into acting. She was 1st runner-up at the Miss Singapore Universe 2006 pageant and signed a contract with MediaCorp soon after the pageant. She is now the new face of Nivea Visage. She was a host in the Singaporean reality television show, The Dance Floor, with co-hosts Glenn Ong and Mark Van Cuylenberg. She had reported in Today in Beijing on Channel 5, on the day's highlights of the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing.
2008 Olympics Controversy
While hosting the 2008 Summer Olympics' program Today in Beijing on Channel 5, Seah was reportedly heard uttering a profanity live on air after wrongly pronouncing the name of a Chinese athlete. The scene shifted from the studio to a recorded clip of a basketball match when the vulgarity was heard. The scene was recorded and uploaded to YouTube. It had led to plenty of discussions on online forums, blogs and also on Facebook. However, her artiste manager denied that Seah had uttered any profanity and MediaCorp confirmed this.
However, the next day, Mr Kenneth Liang, executive vice-president (TV Programming & Production, Channel 5), MediaCorp TV confirmed that Seah had uttered the profanity unintentionally. The microphone was not switched off after her lines were delivered which led to her reaction over the fluff being captured on the program. Seah would not be replaced as the co-host of Today in Beijing.  In a statement from Channel 5, Seah apologised for the incident and explained her over-reaction.
Seah graduated from Tanjong Katong Girls' School, Tampines Junior College  and Singapore Management University on the Dean's list with an honours degree in Communications and Marketing. She has both Chinese and Eurasian parentage. She is the only daughter in her family, with two brothers.
Seah has also invested in a few businesses in Singapore, such as an online shop for furniture and home living products.
- Rated:E, as a roving reporter
- The Dance Floor, as a host
- Sweets for my Sweet
- First Class
- Point Of Entry 2
- New Beginnings
- , Ex-Miss Singapore Universe 2006 runner-up still in the limelight, retrieved on August 21, 2008
- Jade Seah in on-air controversy, retrieved on August 21, 2008
- MediaCorp regrets 'expletive', retrieved on August 21, 2008
- Jade Seah admits flub, apologises, retrieved on August 22, 2008
- Once they were No 2. Now, they are No 1
- Koh, Maureen (2 February 2015). "Jade Seah gets married". The New Paper. Retrieved 12 February 2015.
- Wee, Willis (27 February 2014). "Skype co-founder hops onto Singapore's HipVan". TechInAsia. Retrieved 9 May 2015.
- Profile on xin.msn.com