Jadel Gregório in 2007
|2007 Osaka||Triple jump|
|World Indoor Championships|
|2004 Budapest||Triple jump|
|2006 Moscow||Triple jump|
|World Athletics Final|
|2005 Monte Carlo||Triple jump|
|2008 Stuttgart||Triple jump|
|Pan American Games|
|2007 Rio de Janeiro||Triple jump|
|2003 Santo Domingo||Triple jump|
Jadel Abdul Ghani Gregório (born 16 September 1980 in Jandaia do Sul, Paraná) is a Brazilian athlete competing in long jump and triple jump. Based in São Paulo, he has competed in several international championships since 2001. His jump of 17.90m is the South American and Brazilian record and ranks him tied for eighth best ever.
After marrying Samara Abdul Ghani, his Lebanese physiotherapist, in 2005 Gregório converted to Islam and changed his legal name to Jadel Abdul Ghani Gregório. Samara has since given birth to their first child, Jade, and to their second child, Sahara.
In Brazil Grand Prix of athletics, organized in Belém, of May 28, 2007, Jadel Gregório broke the record South-American and Brazilian of triple jump, obtaining a mark 17.90 meters. This Jump transformed Jadel in 6º Best Athlete of history of proof in season, behind only Jonathan Edwards (18,29m), Kenny Harrison (18,09m), Willie Banks (17,97m), Khristo Markov (17,92m) e James Beckford (17,92m).
Notes and references
- Bremer, Catherine (2008-08-05). "Extended bed greets leggy Gregorio in Beijing". Reuters. Retrieved 2008-08-05.
- "Jadel Gregório - Atleta" (in Portuguese). Islambr. 2010-02-10. Retrieved 2013-07-26.
- Ferrelli, Marcelo (2007-12-21). "Das pizza e esfihas a recorde continental e pódio no Mundial" (in Portuguese). Gazeta Esportiva. Retrieved 2008-08-18.
- Jadel Gregório profile at IAAF
- "Jadel Gregório". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on 2011-05-19.
|This biographical article relating to Brazilian athletics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|