This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Muan County, Jeollanam Province, Republic of Korea
Jaerock Lee (born 1943, Muan County, Jeollanam-do, South Korea) is a Christian author and the senior pastor of the Manmin Central Church in Seoul. Manmin means ‘all creation; all the nations; all the people.’ The church was founded by Lee in 1982. His books have been translated into many languages. Major Christian newspapers like The Christian Post, Christian Today, and Charisma (magazine), have featured Lee's ministries.
He claims to have 120,000 members throughout the world in 9,000 member churches.
Lee is currently president of The United Holiness Church of Korea, chairman of United Holiness Theological Seminary, and the permanent president of the World Christianity Revival Mission Association.
Manmin Central church claims to have the largest number of churches in Korea.
Before he converted, Lee had been sick for 7 years. He attempted to commit suicide several times, but one day his elder sister took him to a Korean healing evangelist, after which he claims his illnesses disappeared.
1982 to 1999
Lee founded Manmin Central Church in July 1982 with just 13 members. The number of registered members continued to increase rapidly and passed 3,000 within 5 years of the founding. In this period, many church organizations such as Prayer Warriors' Mission, Volunteers' Mission, Choirs, and Performing Arts Committee have been organized.
Lee made a contribution for the construction of a hall for the aged.
In the 1990s his church has witnessed a drastic increase in the number of church members in and outside Korea and the church was able to establish a new denomination. In 1993 his church was selected as one of the “World's Top 50 Churches” by the Christian World magazine (US). Lee was the head of the “World Holification Crusade” in 1992 in Yoido, and he was the chairman of the 1994 “Holy Spirit Seoul Explosive Crusade”, and the Administrative President of the “Peace Re-Unification Crusade for the 50th anniversary of Independence Day of Korea” in 1995. He has been Chairman of the Korean Christian Association and the World Evangelization Central Association, and the President of the National Evangelism Campaign Center and the Evangelization Council for Prosecutory Officials.
2000 to 2010
Lee has travelled extensively in different parts of the world, initiating Christian events and so-called crusades in several countries.
In October 2000, Lee visited Pakistan. His church claims that this was the largest Christian evangelistic event ever held in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.
On July 26–27, 2002, Lee led Honduras evangelistic meetings and an estimated 120,000 persons attended meetings in Olympic Stadium in San Pedro Sula, Honduras. On October, 2009, H.E. Rene Francisco Umana, the Honduran ambassador to Korea, visited Lee's church to celebrate the church's 27th anniversary.
Lee led a healing festival at Marina Beach, Chennai, India, in 2002. The event was broadcast live on India's four television channels.
In 2003, a government official arranged for a Christian prayer and healing "festival" at the Dubai Handicapped Club in the UAE. Lee spoke and performed a healing ceremony for 100 persons, including nationals, with various disabilities, reported United States Department of State in the International Religious Freedom Report 2004.
In November 2003, Lee visited Russia to lead the "2003 Russia Miracle Healing Festival" at "SKK" indoor Olympic Stadium in Saint Petersburg, Russia, which event was a part of the 300th anniversary of the founding of St. Petersburg.
In October 2004, Lee visited Germany to lead The 2004 German United Crusade and the event was broadcast through Classics TV in UK, CNL in Kazakhstan, RTVA in Spain, and TKV in Russia.
In December 2004, Lee visited Lima, Peru for a Christian event. Peruvian president Alejandro Toledo invited Lee to the presidential palace and requested him prayer for the economic development and administration of the country.
In December 2005, Lee was denied permission to enter Egypt; he arrived at Cairo International Airport on a Korean Airlines flight with 20 of his members. He had been scheduled to lead a Christian event in Cairo together with Egyptian Christian organization at Christmas.
In February 2006, Lee visited Kinshasa, DR Congo and led a festival. The crusade was held with support from political, economical leaders as well as from the church leaders and the local press.
In July 2006, Lee went to the United States to lead a three-day "Salvation Miracles Revival Crusade" at New York City's Madison Square Garden, The event, which was endorsed by New York senator Rubén Díaz and New York City Councilman Hiram Monserrate, and the head of the National Religious Broadcasters attracted large numbers of Latinos and other members of immigrant groups.
The crusade was transmitted on television to 200 countries.
Lee visited Bethlehem at Christmas of 2007. In September 2009, Lee again visited Israel. While there, he led the "International Multi-Cultural Festival", at the International Convention Center in Jerusalem. The event drew roughly 3,000 attendees from 36 countries to rally for peace in the Middle East; attended by the Israeli minister of tourism Stas Misezhnikov and Jerusalem mayor Nir Barkat. Lee expressed his solidarity with the Jewish people, the State of Israel and its leaders. A spokesperson for countermissionary organisation Jewish Israel speculated that Lee's visit was connected to the planned launch of a Russian-language evangelical television station. The association of Israeli pastors established for the growth of Israeli churches and the union of pastors organized the event, CNS reported. The festival was broadcast to 220 nations in 8 different languages by simultaneous interpretation through TV broadcasters including TBN(Trinity Broadcasting Network) and DayStar, Enlace, CNL etc.
In Estonia, Lee led an event called the "2010 Korean Culture Festival" or "Estonia Miracle Healing Crusade 2010" in Saku Suurhall Arena in October 2010. Alina Aivazova, wife of Leonid Chernovetskyi, Mayor of Kiev, the capital of Ukraine attended this crusade. Lee received the appreciation plaque from the municipality assembly of Tallinn. This event was broadcast to 220 countries via aired TV, Cable TV and the Internet.
Lee was excommunicated from the Church of Holiness in May 1990, and his organisation was ejected from the Christian Council of Korea in April 1999 over "heretical claims". The 1999 accusations were refuted by Korea's Union of Presbyterian Churches in 2004. Leaders of the Korean Missionary Association have also accused him of being a cult leader, pointing to an alleged July 1998 statement by Lee that he was "sinless and exempted from dying".
In 1999, Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation, a South Korean television broadcaster, aired a documentary critical of Jaerock Lee. In response, 300 Manmin Central Church members invaded the television station, attacking security guards and breaking into the station control room to cut the power, while another 1,500 organised a sit-down protest in a nearby street; 600 riot police were needed to restore order. The station had previously been prevented by court order from airing a story on Lee's sex life. MBC filed a lawsuit against the church and 61 people involved in the attack, seeking damages of ₩2.7 billion; the Seoul Southern District Court granted damages in the amount of ₩696 million in November 2000 against the church and some of the participants in the attack, but threw out the case against Lee himself.
In July 2000, Lee visited Uganda to lead the Uganda United Crusade. The Korean Missionary Association in Uganda released a statement in connection with this visit, describing Lee as a "cult leader" and stating that he was "not well accepted by Korean Churches".
When Lee visited New York and Madison Square Garden in 2006, local Korean ministers protested against the festival, citing what they referred to as "heretical teachings" of Lee. Major League Baseball player David Wright, third baseman for the New York Mets, was tricked into doing a commercial for Lee's crusade; Wright agreed to appear on camera and offer an endorsement because he believed that the event had already been approved by the Mets, but in fact, the advertisement, which featured unauthorised uses of the Mets' logo, was being put together by a reporter who misused his press credentials to gain access to Wright and film him. After the misuse came to light, broadcasting of the advertisement ceased, and Wright publicly apologised.
Estonian singers Tõnis Mägi and Dave Benton were to appear at Lee's Korean Culture Festival event in Estonia in 2010. The singers were led to believe that the event was sponsored by the South Korean embassy, which turned out to be false, prompting Tõnis Mägi to cancel his appearance. The Korean grand embassy in Helsinki regretted having been mistakenly connected with the festival.
Lee sent missionaries to Asia, America, Africa, Europe and Africa. He plans to build the world's largest church. Lee believes that God gave a vision for the construction of Grand Sanctuary and had the members pray for it.
World Christian Doctors Network
Lee founded the World Christian Doctors Network (WCDN), which organizes an annual conference. The WCDN attempts to medically analyze supposed healing cases performed by God.
Lee has written a number of books about his approach to Christianity. His books are published by Christian publishers around the world such as Strang (USA), Destiny Image Europe (Italy), Baruch (Ukraine), Word of Christ (India), Andi (Indonesia), and Grace (Taiwan). As of September, 2014, Lee has written more than 90 titles. His book ministry specializes in e-books including Chinese language.
Professions is a collection of 100 poems. 
- My Life, My Faith
Lee’s autobiography is called My Life, My Faith. He outlines factors that contribute to the growth of the church, and claims that God gave him prophetic visions. My Life, My Faith Volume 1 has been published in 35 languages,.
In the second volume of My Life, My Faith, Lee writes about the USA, China and the EU and says that in the future, the world will have these three major powers. He also claims that Christians can be healed from diseases by faith.
Bulawayo 24 News gave the books a favourable review.
In the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, the books My Life, My Faith has been published with official permission from its government in its vernacular language by Vietnam Religion Publisher (VRP).
- The Message of the Cross of Jesus Christ
The Italian Christian publisher Evangelista Media published Understanding the Message of the Cross of Jesus Christ.
Richard R. Blake reviewed the book for Reader Views in the US. The Message of the Cross has been published in 57 different languages including English, Nepalese, and Indian vernacular languages such as Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Punjabi, Simte, and Tangkhul. Hindi version of the book was covered by CNN-IBN
- The Law of God
The Law of God is a collection of Lee’s topical messages on the Ten Commandments. The primary focus of the book is the reason behind the Ten Commandments and the spiritual significance of each Commandment.
- The Power of God
In the book The Power of God, Lee has attempted to introduce the process in which a person may meet God.
Creation House, an imprint of Christian publisher Charisma Media in the US published the first volume of Lee's book Heaven.
In Heaven volume 1, Lee discusses the different places of heaven: Paradise, the First Kingdom of Heaven, the Second Kingdom of Heaven, the Third Kingdom of Heaven, New Jerusalem and the rewards given according to each one’s measure of faith.
In the second volume of Heaven, Lee writes that the combination of twelve precious stones represents the heart of Jesus Christ and God.
The Indonesian translation of Heaven and Hell have been listed as a bestseller in Indonesia. At the Jerusalem Book Fair in 2011, the president of Israel Shimon Peres and the mayor of Jerusalem mayor Nir Barkat received copies of the book.
- Man of Flesh, Man of Spirit
Man of Flesh, Man of Spirit (Vol. 1 and 2), is a compilation of Lee's sermons on the Book of Job. Lee discusses what he perceives to be the evilness in human nature.
- Spirit, Soul and Body
In the book Spirit, Soul and Body, Lee deals with the question “What did God, who existed all by Himself before all eternity, look like?” The book discusses possible meanings of such biblical terms as 'flesh', 'things of the flesh', 'works of the flesh', and 'spirit'. Lee writes that the 'heavens' were generally categorized into four spiritual realm[according to whom?]. The entire physical space including our Earth, our Solar System, our Galaxy, and the whole universe is referred to as the first heaven.
- Love: Fulfillment of the Law
The book discusses the love of God.
- Footsteps of the Lord
Footsteps of the Lord is a compilation of Lee's series "Lectures on the Gospel of John". He discusses Jesus' origin as well as the spiritual meaning embedded in Jesus' birth, public ministry, crucifixion, and resurrection.
- My Father Will Give to You in My Name
My Father Will Give to You in My Name is a compilation of messages and Lee claims that this book will enable the reader to understand "the law of the spiritual realm" on receiving answers from God.
- Against Such Things There Is No Law
Against Such Things There is No Law discusses the “nine fruits of the Holy Spirit” along with specific examples.
- Understanding the Message of the Cross of Jesus Christ (ISBN 978-8889127650)
- Heaven(1) (ISBN 978-1599790183)
- Heaven(2) (ISBN 978-8975572135)
- Hell (ISBN 978-8975572531)
- The Power of God (ISBN 978-1554522576)<
- The Law of God (ISBN 978-967-5372-06-3)
- Man of Flesh, Man of Spirit (2) (ISBN 978-8975572708)
- Tasting Eternal Life Before Death (ISBN 978-8975570377)
- Introduction of Church: Rev. Dr. Jaerock Lee, Manmin Joong-ang Church, retrieved 2007-02-19; hanja from Chinese version.
- "When Doors Open in No. Korea, So. Korean Christians 'Willing to be Martyred'", Crosswalk.com (Religion Today), 2008-04-08, retrieved 2008-04-08
- "Manmin church celebrates anniversary", The Korea Herald, 2010-04-04, retrieved 2010-04-04
- "Christian Doctors Testify of Modern-Day Miracles", Christian Post, 2011-06-17, retrieved 2011-06-17
- "WORLD'S LARGEST CHURCH PLANNED", Charisma Magazine, 2002-07-31, retrieved 2002-07-31
- "Accused cult leader Jaerock Lee leads pro-Israel 'crusade'", Ma'an News, 2009-09-06, retrieved 2015-06-17
- "S. Korean evangelist's Uganda visit prompts cult jitters". Kyodo News International. 5 July 2000. Retrieved 16 September 2015.
- "Lee's books featured in Israel book fair", Korea Times, 2011-03-01, retrieved 2011-03-01
- "Rev. Dr. Jaerock Lee's book 'The Message of the Cross' has been published into several languages", Newsis, 2010-11-25, retrieved 2010-11-25
- "[SPECIAL REPORT]Manmin Joong-ang Church celebrates anniversary", Korea Herald, 2006-10-19, retrieved 2006-10-19
- "Manmin church celebrates anniversary", The Korea Herald, 2010-04-04, retrieved 2010-04-04
- "'가장 영향력 있는 목회자' 이재록 목사 자서전, 전 세계에서 만난다", Herald Economy, 2011-02-21, archived from the original on 2011-07-11, retrieved 2011-02-21
- "Manmin church celebrates anniversary", The Korea herald, 2010-04-04, retrieved 2010-04-04
- "Korean culture embroidered Baltic sea with Korean traditional fan dance·costumes·Taekwondo", Wolgan Joongang (Monthly Joongang Magazine), 2011-02-03, retrieved 2011-02-03
- "Pastor Jaerock Lee makes a contribution for the construction of a hall for the aged", The Asia Economy, 2013-01-11, retrieved 2013-03-02
- "'My Life, My Faith' authored by Dr. Jaerock Lee published in Brazil", Newsis, 2011-02-18, retrieved 2011-02-18
- "Dr. Jaerock Lee's autobiography published in Brazil", Chosun Ilbo, 2011-02-18, retrieved 2011-02-18
- Moojeong, Kim (1995-08-08), "Jubilee Crusade celebrating 50th anniversary of Korea's independence", Kukmin Ilbo, p. 11, retrieved 2012-09-17
- "Career", Official website, 2006, retrieved 2006 Check date values in:
- "100,000 Hear the Gospel in Pakistan", Religion Today(Crosswalk.com), October 2000, retrieved October 2000 Check date values in:
- ""MIRACLES" IN THE "LAND OF THE MORNING CALM"", ASSIST News Service(ANS), 2002-06-29, retrieved 2002-06-29
- "'Spark of Revival' Crusade Draws Huge Crowds in Manila", Crosswalk.com (Religion Today), September 2001, retrieved September 2001 Check date values in:
- "Congratulatory Message from the president of the Philippines", Manmin News, 2001-10-07, retrieved 2001-10-07
- "'HURRICANE JESUS' SWEEPS ACROSS HONDURAS", HCJB World Radio (ASSIST News Service), July 2002, retrieved July 2002 Check date values in:
- "Special meeting between Medicine and Religion", Sisa Focus, 2005-06-15, retrieved 2005-06-15
- "United Arab Emirates", International Religious Freedom Report 2004, 2004, retrieved 2004 Check date values in:
- VŠECHNY ZPRÁVY V ANGLIČTINĚ (ALL NEWS IN ENGLISH), November 2003, retrieved November 2003 Check date values in:
- "German United Crusade with Dr. Jaerock Lee", The Christian World Monitor, 2004-10-25, retrieved 2004-10-25
- "Peruvian president Toledo requested Dr. Jaerock Lee "Pray for Peru"", The Christian World Monitor, 2004-12-20, retrieved 2004-12-20
- "[Relevant department of Egypt denies entrance to Pastor Jaerock Lee]", Chosun Ilbo, 2005-12-22, retrieved 2010-07-03
- "Spirituality: Kinshasa welcomes Dr. Jaerock Lee and the miracle healing Festival", Le Potentiel, 2006-02-16, retrieved 2006-02-16
- "AFTER YEARS OF ETHNIC STRIFE AND CIVIL WAR, FINALLY SOME GOOD NEWS FOR THE DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO", ANS, 2014-12-05, retrieved 2014-12-05
- "Pastores Cristianos de New York preveen gran éxito en la cruzada Milagros, Salvación, avivamiento", NoticiaCristiana, 2006-06-23, retrieved 2006-06-23
- "Successful New York United Crusade", Munhwa Ilbo, 2006-08-17, retrieved 2006-08-17
- "Controversial Korean Preacher Courts Latinos and Other Immigrants". WNYC News. 29 July 2006. Retrieved 16 September 2015.
- "A man of righteousness from Korea", Russian-American Business, 2007-12-20, retrieved 2007-12-20
- "Israel Evangelicals", European Pressphoto Agency, 2009-09-07, retrieved 2009-09-07
- "ISRAEL EVANGELICALS", EPA (Yonhap News), 2009-09-07, retrieved 2009-09-07
- "ISRAEL EVANGELICALS", EPA (Yonhap News), 2009-09-07, retrieved 2009-09-07
- "Evangelical Christians supporting Israel in mass prayer in Jerusalem", EPA (Yonhap News), 2009-09-07, retrieved 2009-09-07
- Jerusalem Festival confirms oneness beyond race and ethics, 2009-09-18, retrieved 2009-09-18
- "Jaerock Lee of South Korea prays...", Reuters, 2009-09-06, retrieved 2009-09-06
- "Jerusalem Festival", Ecumenical Press, 2009-09-18, retrieved 2009-09-18
- "Interview With Israeli Pastor, His Ministry Around The Globe", CNS, 2010-09-27, retrieved 2010-09-27
- "Successful 2009 Jerusalem international multi-festival", Christian Daily News, 2009-11-05, retrieved 2009-11-05
- "Korean culture embroidered Baltic sea with Korean traditional fan dance·costumes·Taekwondo", Joongang Monthly Magazine (Wolgan Joongang), 2011-01-01, retrieved 2011-01-01
- "Rev. Dr. Jaerock Lee of Manmin Central Church led Estonia crusade", Kyeongin Ilbo, 2010-11-16, retrieved 2010-11-16
- "Rev. Jaerock Lee's book "The Message of the Cross" has been published into several languages", Newsis, 2010-11-25, retrieved 2010-11-25
- "Estonia Miracle Healing Crusade 2010 attracts large crowd", The Korea Times, 2010-11-10, retrieved 2010-11-10
- "Estonia United Crusade, Cry for slumbering European churches", The Christian World Monitor, 2010-11-10, retrieved 2010-11-10
- "The fastest Church in the world". Vatican Insider. 11 September 2011. Retrieved 16 September 2015.
- "S. Korean evangelist's Uganda visit prompts cult jitters", Asian Economic News, 10 July 2000
- "Korean TV airs controversial documentary", BBC News, 1999-05-12, retrieved 2007-02-19
- "MBC, 만민중앙교회 상대 손배소 일부 승소 (Partial victory for MBC in Manmin Central Church damages suit)", Kyunghyang Shinmun, 2000-11-02, retrieved 2010-08-20[dead link]
- Farnam, T. W. (2006-07-26), "Plan to protest minister's NY visit", New York Newsday, p. A16, retrieved 2007-10-11
- "NL Notebook: Wright Ad Is Pulled", The Washington Post, 18 July 2006, retrieved 16 September 2015
- "Quote: Mets and Wright on Crusade". MetsBlog.com. 18 July 2006. Retrieved 16 September 2015.
- "Lõuna-Korea kultuuripäevadel promotakse ususekti", Tallinna Postimees, 2010-10-27, retrieved 2015-03-24
- "Korea suursaatkond: loodetavasti ei jäta usuüritus eestlastele Koreast valet muljet", Postimees, 2010-10-28, retrieved 2015-03-24
- "万民电视周刊(754)", GCN TV, 2012-11-09, retrieved 2012-11-09
- "A book reveals distorted research about heresy", Christian World Monitor, 2004-06-28, retrieved 2004-06-28
- "Manmin's Vision - New Jerusalem's Model, Grand Sanctuary", Christian Telegraph, 2012-10-03, retrieved 2012-10-03
- "A Pathologist puts divine healing under the microscope", Christian Today, 2011-06-11, retrieved 2011-06-11
- Mandal, Sovan (2013-10-10), "Paju Book Festival Held in South Korea", Goodereader.com, retrieved 2013-10-10
- "Urim Books to exhibit books in 20 languages at Seoul Int'l Book Fair", Finance Today, 2010-05-10, retrieved 2010-05-10
- "South Korean publisher publishes two of its titles in Hindi" (PDF), All About Book Publishing, 2012-02-14, retrieved 2012-02-14
- "Chinese e-books showcased at Singapore Book Fair 2014", ANS, 2014-06-21, retrieved 2014-06-21
- "Its slogan, 'See the World Through Books, Envision the Future With Books'; Seoul International Book Fair 2014", Christian Post, 2014-06-30, retrieved 2014-06-30
- "Reverend Lees challenges inspire faith in readers", Korea Times, 2011-03-18, retrieved 2011-03-18
- "Pastor Jaerock Lee spoke about the secrets of church growth", CBN Indonesia(Jawaban News), 2013-08-06, retrieved 2009-08-12
- "Cultural exchanges between Korea and Netherlands are getting a boost", ANS, 2014-11-13, retrieved 2014-11-13
- "South Korean Christian author's Books meet Mexican Readers", ANS, 2014-12-26, retrieved 2014-12-26
- "Kurdish-Translated Books Attract Attention at the Istanbul Book Fair 2014", ASSIST News Service, 2014-12-06, retrieved 2014-12-06
- Bong-gi, Sun (2012-07-06), "U.S. President sends delegation to Yeosu Expo", ANS, p. Special to ASSIST News Service, retrieved 2011-07-21
- "My Life, My Faith(2) - to the Spiritual Realm and Scene of Miracle", Korea Economy, 2008-04-11, retrieved 2008-04-11
- "Author Retells His Uganda Mission", Korea IT Times, 2011-04-12, retrieved 2011-04-12
- "World Travelling Evangelist Tells His Life", Bulawayo 24 News, 2011-09-23, retrieved 2011-09-23
- "Penang International Book Fair 2014, Malaysia", Crossmap.com, 2014-09-22, retrieved 2014-09-22
- "European Publisher Runs Full-page New York Times Book Ad for "Understanding the Message of the Cross of Jesus Christ"". Crossmap.com. 2014-05-20.
- "Urim Books participates Seoul International Book Fair 2013", Yonhap News Agency, 2013-06-28, retrieved 2013-07-04
- "Urim Books exhibits book by pastor at New Delhi Book Fair", The Korea Herald, 2014-02-26, retrieved 2014-02-27
- "Salvador Sanchez Ceren wins El Salvador's Presidential Election", Sisa News, 2014-03-17, retrieved 2014-03-17
- Evina, Aloys (2010-07-23), "Malaysian publisher issued a book called 'The Law of God'", Continental News, p. Christian News, retrieved 2012-07-25
- "Korean Books Privileged at the London Book Fair 2014", Christian Post, 2014-04-17, retrieved 2014-04-17
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on December 29, 2014. Retrieved December 26, 2014., South Korean Christian author’s Books meet Mexican Readers
- "Dr. Lee's books translated into multi languages", Ecumenical Press, 2009-12-24, retrieved 2009-12-24
- "우림북 번역 도서 '예루살렘 국제 도서전'에 전시" (in Korean). 28 February 2011. Archived from the original on 11 September 2014.
- "BookExpo America 2014 -- book reads trend is being changed", Assist News Service, 2014-06-07, retrieved 2014-06-07
- "'Spirit, Soul and Body'(1)", Onbook TV, 2009-10-25, retrieved 2009-10-25
- "The Seven Great "I AM" Statements of Jesus Plus One" (PDF), Wilmington School of the Bible (auriesvilletubthumper.org), August 2012, retrieved August 2013 Check date values in:
- "My Father will Give to You in My Name", Kyeongin Ilbo, 2011-05-04, retrieved 2011-05-04
- Photos from Lee's 2009 crusade in Israel, from the European Pressphoto Agency
- Another photo of the Israel crusade from Reuters
- 7th International Christian Medical Conference held at the Conference Center of Hotel Sheraton in Rome, Italy from the European Pressphoto Agency
- U.S. Department of State (2004). "Improvements and Positive Developments in Respect for Religious Freedom, International Religious Freedom Report 2004". United Arab Emirates. Retrieved 2004. Check date values in: