|District||North 24 Parganas|
|• Total||1.98 km2 (0.76 sq mi)|
|Elevation||2 m (7 ft)|
|• Density||9,600/km2 (25,000/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Telephone code||+91 33|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-WB|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Barrackpore|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Noapara|
Jafarpur is a census town in Barrackpore II CD Block in Barrackpore subdivision in North 24 Parganas district in the Indian state of West Bengal. It is close to Kolkata and also part of Kolkata Urban Agglomeration.
|Cities and towns in the northern portion of Barrackpore subdivision in North 24 Parganas district|
M: municipal city/ town, CT: census town,
N: neighbourhood, OG: outgrowth
Owing to space constraints in the small map, the actual locations in a larger map may vary slightly
Jafarpur is located at. It has an average elevation of 2 metres (7 feet).
96% of the population of Barrackpore subdivision (partly presented in the map alongside) live in urban areas. In 2011, it had a density of population of 10,967 per km2 The subdivision has 16 municipalities and 24 census towns.
For most of the cities/ towns information regarding density of population is available in the Infobox. Population data is not available for neighbourhoods. It is available for the entire municipal area and thereafter ward-wise.
All places marked on the map are linked in the full-screen map.
Jaffarpur has a non-delivery sub post office, with PIN 700122 in the North Presidency Division of North 24 Parganas district in Calcutta region. Other post offices with the same PIN are Nonachandanpukur and Anandapuri.
As per 2011 Census of India Jafarpur had a total population of 19,062, of which 9,724 (51%) were males and 9,338 (49%) were females. Population below 6 years was 1,361. The total number of literates in Jaffarpur was 16,598 (93.77% of the population over 6 years).
As of 2001[update] India census, Jafarpur had a population of 14,032. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Jafarpur has an average literacy rate of 86%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 89%, and female literacy is 83%. In Jafarpur, 7% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Kolkata Urban Agglomeration
The following Municipalities, Census Towns and other locations in Barrackpore subdivision were part of Kolkata Urban Agglomeration in the 2011 census: Kanchrapara (M), Jetia (CT), Halisahar (M), Balibhara (CT), Naihati (M), Bhatpara (M), Kaugachhi (CT), Garshyamnagar (CT), Garulia (M), Ichhapur Defence Estate (CT), North Barrackpur (M), Barrackpur Cantonment (CB), Barrackpore (M), Jafarpur (CT), Ruiya (CT), Titagarh (M), Khardaha (M), Bandipur (CT), Panihati (M), Muragachha (CT) New Barrackpore (M), Chandpur (CT), Talbandha (CT), Patulia (CT), Kamarhati (M), Baranagar (M), South Dumdum (M), North Dumdum (M), Dum Dum (M), Noapara (CT), Babanpur (CT), Teghari (CT), Nanna (OG), Chakla (OG), Srotribati (OG) and Panpur (OG).
As per the District Census Handbook 2011, Jafarpur covered an area of 1.98 km2. Amongst the medical facilities it had were 7 medicine shops, Amongst the educational facilities it had were 8 primary schools, 3 middle schools, 3 secondary schools and 1 senior secondary school.
Jaffarpur Charaktala Girls’ High School has facilities for teaching up to Class X. It was established in 1959.
- "District Census Handbook North Twenty Four Parganas, Census of India 2011, Series 20, Part XII A" (PDF). Map of Barrackpore II CD Block on Page 379. Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Retrieved 15 June 2018.
- "District Statistical Handbook". North 24 Parganas 2013, Tables 2.1, 2.2, 2.4b. Department of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2 May 2018.
- "District Statistical Handbook". North 24 Parganas 2013, Table 2.1. Department of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 15 June 2018.
- "Barrackpore Police Commissionerate". List of Police Stations with telephone numbers. West Bengal Police. Archived from the original on 12 June 2018. Retrieved 15 June 2018.
- "Jaffarpur PIN Code". pincodezip.in. Retrieved 11 July 2018.
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". 2011 census: West Bengal – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 23 March 2016.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.
- "Provisional Population Totals, Census of India 2011" (PDF). Constituents of Urban Agglomeration Having Population Above 1 Lakh. Census of India 2011. Retrieved 7 June 2018.
- "District Census Handbook North Twenty Four Parganas, Census of India 2011, Series 20, Part XII A" (PDF). Section II Town Directory, Pages 781-783 Statement I: Growth History, Pages 799-803; Statement II: Physical Aspects and Location of Towns, Pages 791-794; Statement III: Civic and other Amenities, Pages 795-796; Statement IV: Medical Facilities 2009, Pages 803-805 Section: Educational, Recreational and Cultural Facilities. Directorate of Census Operations V, West Bengal. Retrieved 19 June 2018.
- Google maps
- "31311 Sealdah-Kalyani Simanta Local". Time Table. indiarailinfo. Retrieved 21 June 2018.
- "Jaffarpur Charaktala Girls' High School". Find Glocal. Retrieved 7 July 2018.
- "Groundwater Arsenic contamination in West Bengal-India (19 years study )". Groundwater arsenic contamination status of North 24-Parganas district, one of the nine arsenic affected districts of West Bengal-India. SOES. Archived from the original on 27 September 2007. Retrieved 24 August 2007.