Jaffna Diocese of the Church of South India
|Diocese of Jaffna|
|Established||27 September 1947|
|Cathedral||St. Thomas' Cathedral, Vaddukoddai|
|Bishop of Jaffna||Daniel Thiagarajah|
The Jaffna Diocese is the Church of South India diocese for northern Sri Lanka. The current bishop (known as the Bishop of Jaffna or the Bishop of the Church of South India in the Jaffna Diocese) is Daniel Thiagarajah.
The Church of South India was established on 27 September 1947 as a union of the South India Provincial Synod of Methodist Church, the South India United Church (Congregational, Presbyterian and Reformed) and the southern dioceses of the Church of India, Pakistan, Burma and Ceylon (Anglican). The Jaffna Diocese of the Church of South India (JDCSI) was one of the 22 dioceses of the new church. Sabapathy Kulendran was enthroned as the first Bishop of Jaffna on 10 October 1947.
|#||Bishop||Took office||Left office|
|2nd||D. J. Ambalavanar||1971||1993|
- "History". Church of South India.
- "Church of South India". World Council of Churches.
- "JDCSI: Reminiscent reflections of an 11-year old". Jaffna Diocese of the Church of South India.
- Arumugam, S. (1997). Dictionary of Biography of the Tamils of Ceylon. p. 88.
- Arumugam, S. (1997). Dictionary of Biography of the Tamils of Ceylon. pp. 4–5.
- "Death of Bishop Ambalavanar". Sunday Times (Sri Lanka). 12 October 1997.
- Arumugam, S. (1997). Dictionary of Biography of the Tamils of Ceylon. pp. 62–63.
- Thiruvarangan, Mahendran (5 April 2005). "Rev. Dr. S. Jebanesan - a versatile personality". Daily News (Sri Lanka).