Jaga Dia Untukku
|"Jaga Dia Untukku"|
|Single by Siti Nurhaliza|
|from the album Fragmen|
|Label||Siti Nurhaliza Productions, Universal Music Group (Malaysia)|
|Songwriter(s)||Rozisangdewi (Rozi Abdul Razak)|
|Siti Nurhaliza singles chronology|
"Jaga Dia Untukku" (Take Care of Him for Me) is a second single by Malaysian artist, Siti Nurhaliza from her sixteenth solo album, Fragmen. Written by Rozisangdewi, the song is composed and recorded by Aubrey Suwito in January 2014.
First performed during her 2014 Dato' Siti Nurhaliza Live in Concert – Where the Heart is, the song revolves around her feelings when she learned that her husband was involved in a motorcycle accident in New Zealand in December 2012. The song was officially released on iTunes on 4 May 2014.
Background and recording
The song was recorded in January 2014, in which it was inspired by her feelings when she learned her husband was involved in a motorcycle accident in December 2012. Much like other songs from Fragmen in which they describe the glimpses on her life, "Jaga Dia Untukku" is said by Siti to "translate all my feelings and those who were involved in it".[b] Both composer (Aubrey Suwito) and the lyricist of "Jaga Dia Untukku", Rozisangdewi (Rozi Abdul Razak) were with her when the incident happened.
Composition and lyrics
A 21-second sample of "Jaga Dia Untukku"'s chorus, which features Siti Nurhaliza's vocals on a moderately fast tempo pop melody and beat.
|Problems playing this file? See media help.|
At three minutes and twenty three seconds, "Jaga Dia Untukku" is a song with a moderately fast tempo. Written by Rozisangdewi, the song is composed by Aubrey Suwito. The lyric of the song is all inspired by her experiences in dealing with the news of the incident and her worries when taking care of him. According to Zaidi Mohamad of Berita Harian, its lyric, "portrays the sadness and the pain that appears to be close to Siti in reminiscing how she dealt with the trying moments when her husband was involved in a road accident around late December of 2012 in New Zealand".[c]
Release and promotion
The song was first performed during her 2014 two-day fundraising concert, Dato' Siti Nurhaliza Live in Concert – Where the Heart is at Plenary Hall, Kuala Lumpur Convention Center on 8 and 9 February. For radio releases, Hot FM was the first radio station in Malaysia to broadcast the exclusive premiere for Malaysian listeners on 2 May.
Apart from the debut of the song during the two-day 2014 Dato' Siti Nurhaliza Live in Concert – Where the Heart is on 8 and 9 February, the song was also performed during her two-day Secretaries' Week show, "Lebih Indah Bersama Datuk Siti Nurhaliza" on 15 and 16 April.
Credits and personnel
- Aubrey Suwito – record producer, composer, synth, production, arrangement, recording
- Dato' Siti Nurhaliza – vocals, background vocals
- Jay Franco (Sterling Sound) – mastering
- Juwita Suwito – background vocals
- Rozisangdewi (Rozi Abdul Razak) – lyricist
- Sunil Kumar – mixing
|Top 30 Singles Chart Malaysia||4[note 2]|
|Year||Award||Recipients and nominees||Category||Result||Host country|
|2014||Anugerah Industri Muzik||"Jaga Dia Untukku"||Best Pop Song||Nominated||
|2015||Anugerah Meletop Era||"Jaga Dia Untukku"||Penyanyi Meletop (Most 'Happening' Singer)||Won||
|Lagu Meletop (Most 'Happening' Song)||Nominated|
|Anugerah K-20 Karaoke Popular||"Jaga Dia Untukku"||10 Lagu Berbahasa Melayu Paling Popular 2014 (10 Most Popular Malay Song 2014)||Won 9th place||
|Anugerah Planet Muzik||"Jaga Dia Untukku"||Lagu Paling Popular APM (APM Most Popular Song)||Nominated||
Format and track listing
- Digital download
- "Jaga Dia Untukku" – 3:23
Radio and release history
|Malaysia||4 May 2014[note 1]||Digital download||Siti Nurhaliza Productions, Universal Music Group (Malaysia)|
|2 May 2013||Contemporary hit radio|
- Note 1: ^ Though it was reported that the song was released on iTunes on 4 April, the song was actually released on 4 May, two days after she promoted the song to radio stations.
- Note 2: ^ This single could be charted higher than stated here, since the data by the Music Weekly Asia start to be available much later after the release of the single on 4 May.
- Original:"Emosi dalam lagu ini mudah ditonjolkan apatah lagi Siti sendiri melaluinya. Tapi Siti cuba alun dan terjemahkan dengan cara Siti. Tapi tiada babak yang menampakkan Siti seperti menangis, sebaliknya menampakkan sisi tabah saat berdepan kesukaran itu."
- Original:"...menterjemahkan segala perasaan Siti alami dan orang yang menghasilkannya."
- Original:"...menggambarkan kedukaan dan penderitaan jiwa dilihat cukup dekat dengan Siti saat mengenang kembali bagaimana beliau berdepan suasana duka apabila suaminya terbabit dalam kemalangan jalan raya sekitar hujung tahun 2012 di New Zealand."
- Universal Music Malaysia (Domestic)'s Admin (4 May 2014). "Jaga Dia Untukku First Promo on Universal Music Malaysia (Domestic)'s Facebook Account" (in Malay). Retrieved 6 July 2014.
- Get Music Asia Staff (4 May 2014). "Dato’ Siti Nurhaliza "Jaga Dia Untukku" Single Out Now!". getmusicasia.com. Retrieved 6 July 2014.
- Senarai Lagu Tema OST Drama Rindu Awak 200% MySumber (15 July 2014)
- Zaidi Mohamad (June 15, 2014). "Siti rakam klip video di Bogor". Berita Minggu (in Malay). Retrieved July 6, 2014.
- Feride Hikmet Atak (8 May 2014). "Siti Nurhaliza Kesal Lagu Baharu Dicetak Rompak". mStar (in Malay). Retrieved 6 July 2014.
- Berita Harian Staff (30 June 2014). "Fragmen muatkan kisah hidup Siti Nurhaliza". Berita Harian (in Malay). Retrieved 6 July 2014.
- "Jaga Dia Untukku – Single – Dato Siti Nurhaliza". iTunes Store (MY). Apple. 4 April 2014. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- Noraniza (11 February 2014). "Konsert Where The Heart Is Cerita Kisah Cinta Dato’ Siti Nurhaliza". OhBulan.com (in Malay). Retrieved 8 July 2014.
- Fatin Farhana Ariffin (26 April 2014). "Penangan Siti, Zizan". Berita Harian (in Malay). Retrieved 6 July 2014.
- Farihad Shalla Mahmud (21 May 2014). "Siti perangi cetak rompak". Berita Harian (in Malay). Retrieved 8 July 2014.
- Bibi Nurshuhada Ramli (13 March 2014). "Siti to thrill Girls Friday". New Straits Times. Retrieved 9 July 2014.
- Fragmen (liner notes). Siti Nurhaliza. Siti Nurhaliza Productions and Universal Music Group (Malaysia). 2014.
- Music Weekly Staff (25 August 2014). "Top 30 Singles Chart Malaysia". Musicweekly.asia. Archived from the original on 25 August 2014.
- Norimy Aimi (7 December 2014). "Datuk Siti Nurhaliza Kuasai AIM 21". Mangga Online (in Malay). Utusan Karya Sdn Bhd. Archived from the original on 9 December 2014. Retrieved 6 December 2014.
- Kosmo! Staff (21 October 2014). "Siti raih pencalonan terbanyak AIM 21". Kosmo! (in Malay). Retrieved 21 October 2014.
- Azyyati Ahmad (22 February 2015). "Ayda Jebat dan Johan dinobat Top Top MeleTOP Era 2015". Astro Awani. Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- "'Romancinta' Nyanyian Mojo Lagu Paling Popular Di Red Box". mStar. Star Publications (M) Bhd. Retrieved 23 April 2015.