Maa Danteswari Airport
|Owner||Government of Chhattisgarh|
|Operator||Government of Chhattisgarh|
|Elevation AMSL||555 m / 1,822 ft|
|Statistics (April 2018 - March 2019)|
Jagdalpur Airport (IATA: JGB, ICAO: VEJR) is a regional airport located near Jagdalpur, in the state of Chhattisgarh, India. The Airports Authority of India (AAI) conducted a pre-feasibility study in July 2013 for development of the airport and approved of operations of aircraft under Visual Flight Rules (VFR) conditions. The airport was chosen for an upgrade under the Government's UDAN scheme and the ground breaking ceremony for the construction of a terminal building was performed in January 2017. The airfield was upgraded to 3C category in 2019, allowing the operations of ATR-72 type of aircraft. On 21 September 2020 Alliance Air started flights to Hyderabad and Raipur using ATR-72 aircraft. Currently Jagdalpur airport name changed to Maa Danteshwari Airport, Jagdalpur (Bastar) on 21 September 2020. Currently Airport Director is Shri K. K. Bhaumik.
The district administration has floated a proposal to set up a new airport for Jagdalpur in Ulnar village of Bastar district. This airport is expected to be set up in an area measuring 250 hectares. It would have a 3 km long and 200 metres wide runway. The airport would also boast of a state of the art airport terminal building. Since about 92% (229 hectares) of the land required is owned by the government, the land acquisition process is expected to be quick leading to a faster development time for the airport.
Airlines and destinations
|Alliance Air||Hyderabad, Raipur|
- Swami Vivekananda Airport, Raipur
- Bilasa Devi Kevat Airport, Bilaspur
- List of airports in India
- List of the busiest airports in India
- "Pre-feasibility Study for Jagdalpur Airport Conducted". Press Information Bureau. 22 July 2014. Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- "traffic news Mar2K19Annex3 pdf" (PDF). Retrieved 7 January 2020.
- "traffic-news Mar2K19Annex2 pdf" (PDF). www.aai.aero. Retrieved 7 January 2020.
- "Centre lays firm conditions prior to airport development in C'garh". The Pioneer. 23 March 2017. Retrieved 11 December 2019.
- "CM performs bhoomi pujan for terminal of Jagdalpur airport". The Pioneer. January 2017. Retrieved 11 December 2019.
- "Jagdalpur airport to be developed for ATR type aircraft ops". The Pioneer. 6 September 2017. Retrieved 11 December 2019.
- "Safety assessment done at Jagdalpur Airport for 3C licence". The Pioneer. 10 December 2019. Retrieved 11 December 2019.
- News Network, Partika (6 June 2021). "Ulnar to have the new Jagdalpur airport, district administration has already identified 250 hectares for the airport". Patrika. Retrieved 6 June 2021.
- "After successful trial, now aviation services to restart in Jagdalpur soon". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 March 2020.
- Airport information for VE46 at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.