This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Jaguar is known as being extremely popular among young people, despite the fact that its sale to minors is prohibited, and has a reputation for being often abused by gopniki delinquents. The manufacturer however claims beneficial qualities to their product in their advertising, emphasizing the relatively low alcohol content of the Jaguar drink when compared with hard liquors, and also the benefits of other ingredients as vitamins as well as stimulants (caffeine, taurine, etc.)
In East Slavic languages, it is usual to "translate" the name and call the beverage with "ягуар" spelling of "jaguar" word, used for the animal. It is also often referrd to as "Yaga" or even "Jaga", which led to official "Yaga" edition of the drink and "Jaga Fest", commemorated with limited "Jaga Fest" design of "original" flavour drink cans. Other, less common, nicknames include words "yasha" (short for Yakov) or "yagel" (ягель lichen).
In 2010, the alcohol content of Jaguar was reduced from 9% to 7% in order to meet with new regulations regarding "beer and carbonated alcoholic produce" (although the 9% version is still being produced and marketed as "Jaguar Ultra", but it isn't produced by Russian manufacturers, available only via import from IBB's factories). However, Russian site feature "Ultra Light" version, which has 7,2% alcohol content. Alcohol-free versions of Jaguar drink, which use PETE bottles instead of aluminium bottles of same volume, are reported to exist since April 2014.
According to info from Jaguar-energy.ru, since 2015, the design of Jaguar beverage cans bears the slogan "cила cвободы", which may be translated both as "power of freedom" and "strength of freedom".
Notes and references
- headquartered in Regent House, 316, Beulah Hill, London, UK
- "Google Translate". google.com. Retrieved 1 February 2017.
- "Jaguar Generation - English Russia". englishrussia.com. Retrieved 1 February 2017.
- The online advertising is chiefly targeted towards Russia and the Ukraine, but also translated into English. Curiously, English section of the Jaguar website doesn't ask whether visitors are over the age while the Russian and Ukrainian sections do.
- JAGUAR. "JAGUAR - Интересная новость!". jaguar-drink.com. Retrieved 1 February 2017.
- JAGUAR. "JAGUAR - Лимитированная серия слабоалкогольного газированного напитка Jaguar JAGA Fest". jaguar-drink.com. Retrieved 1 February 2017.
- JAGUAR. "JAGUAR - Ягуар в Украине". jaguar-drink.com. Retrieved 1 February 2017.
- "Current issue - RUSSIAN FOOD MARKET". foodmarket.spb.ru. Retrieved 1 February 2017.
- JAGUAR. "JAGUAR - В семействе Ягуара пополнение.". jaguar-drink.com. Retrieved 1 February 2017.
- JAGUAR. "JAGUAR - В 2015 ГОДУ JAGUAR ВЫЙДЕТ В НОВОМ ДИЗАЙНЕ!". jaguar-drink.com. Retrieved 1 February 2017.