|Birth name||Grace Jahdiel Okoduwa|
|Born||Ikoyi, Lagos State, Nigeria|
Grace Jahdiel Benjamin (maiden name 'Okoduwa') popularly known by her stage name Jahdiel, is a contemporary Nigerian gospel singer, songwriter and vocalist. She professionally began her music career in 2006, releasing her debut album Heritage in 2008. She is one of several gospel artists under Loveworld Records of Christ Embassy.
Early life and education
She was born in Ikoyi, Lagos State, Nigeria where she had her primary and secondary school education at Aunty Ayo International School, Ikoyi before proceeding to further her education by obtaining a B.Sc degree in Chemistry.
Jahdiel started singing at the age of five upon joining the choir of her local church before she began to play musical equipments like the piano and keyboard at the age of thirteen. After being part of various singing groups, she released her debut album Heritage in 2008 to massive reception, thereby gaining her new grounds in the industry and further earning her a nomination spot in the "Most Promising Artist or Group" category at the 2008 edition of Kora Awards. Her follow-up album Under Oath was released in 2010. Contained with songs like "Ebube Dike", "Oh God" and "Ayaya", Under Oath earned her a nomination at the 2013 Nigeria Gospel Music Awards. In November 2015, she released her third studio album titled Majesty. In 2017, she was listed in YNaija's list of "100 Most Influential People in Christian Ministry in Nigeria".
Jahdiel's music style is influenced by a blend of rock, English and afrocentric pop. When asked about her style of gospel music, she told The Nation: "I think the blend of the English pop with African music makes it very, very different. If you listen to it for the first time you probably feel it’s not from Nigeria". Her musical influences include Kirk Franklin and Celine Dion.
- Heritage (2008)
- Under Oath (2010)
- Majesty (2015)
Awards and nominations
|Year||Award ceremony||Prize||Recipient/Nominated work||Result||Ref|
|2008||2008 Kora Africa Music Awards||Most Promising Artist or Group||Herself||Nominated|||
|2013||Nigerian Gospel Music Video Awards 2013||Best Contemporary Music Video||"Oh God"||Nominated|||
|Nigeria Gospel Music Awards 2013||Best Rock Artist||Herself||Nominated|||
- "Jahdiel". Honesty Music Entertainment. Retrieved 2 July 2016.
- Michael, Mercy (19 July 2008). "I'm passionate about young girls who dont see marriage as the end of their dreams-Okoduwa". The Nation News. Retrieved 3 July 2016.
- Glorytila (4 August 2015). "Jahdiel Hits Another Album". FCT Post. Retrieved 2 July 2016.
- Kemi Filani (5 December 2014). "How Eben stayed with me at the delivery room – Jahdiel tells it all". YNaija. Retrieved 3 July 2016.
- "GOSPEL ACT JAHDIEL DEBUTS MUSIC VIDEO FOR "OH GOD"". Olori Super Girl. 28 October 2012. Retrieved 2 July 2016.
- Olajide, Oduniyi (27 November 2015). "[Music] Jahdiel's New Album 'Majesty' Now Out!!!". Gospel Breed. Retrieved 2 July 2016.
- Tolu (1 May 2017). "Yemi Osinbajo, Poju Oyemade, Chioma Jesus and more – See list of 100 Most Influential People in Christian Ministry in Nigeria". YNaija. Retrieved 28 September 2017.
- "2008 Kora Africa Music Awards Nominees". Francomix. 24 November 2008. Retrieved 3 July 2016.
- "Nigerian Gospel Music Video Awards 2013. And The Nominees Are..." Praise World Radio. 23 October 2013. Retrieved 3 July 2016.
- "Nigeria Gospel Music Awards (NGMA 2013) – The Nominees + How to Vote your favourite". Konk Naija. Retrieved 2 July 2016.
- "Gospel singers, Jahdiel and Eben get married (white wedding photos)". Daily Post. 30 November 2013. Retrieved 3 July 2016.
- Sean (2 December 2013). "Photos: Love World Gospel Singers Jahdiel and Eben's White Wedding". Daily Mail. Retrieved 3 July 2016.
- Showemimo, Adedayo (9 June 2016). "Gospel artistes Eben and Jahdiel welcome new baby". Nigerian Entertainment Today. Retrieved 3 July 2016.