Jai Hind College
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|जय हिन्द महाविद्यालय|
|Motto||I Will and I Can|
|Type||Public educational institution|
|Principal||Dr. Ashok Wadia|
|Location||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
Jai Hind College is a prestigious college in Mumbai, India, affiliated with the University of Mumbai. The college was established in 1948, just after independence, by a small group of teachers who were displaced from D. J. Science College of Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan under the supervision of Dr. Mohinder-Miles Morton. The college is at 'A' Road, Churchgate.
It started as an Arts and Science college. Many new courses and subjects were offered later — the faculty of Commerce was introduced in 1980, Management and Computer Science were introduced in 1999, Mass Media and Biotechnology in 2002, and Banking and Insurance in 2003.
In 2000, India Today named Jai Hind College as one of the best and most sought after colleges in Mumbai city.
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Chanda Kochhar, CEO and MD of ICICI Bank
- Ajay Piramal, Chairman of Piramal Group
- John Abraham
- Vishal Dadlani
- Riteish Deshmukh
- Rajesh Gupta
- Priyanka Chopra
- Rohan Joshi
- Sadhana Shivdasani
- Sunil Dutt
- Minoti Vaishnav
- Hoshiediar Ghaswalla, CEO of CyberMedia, Gurgaon currently.
- Scherezade Shroff Talwar, vlogger and former model
- Jai Hind College Contact Us page
- Top 10 Colleges of India India Today, June 2000.
- Chandrikau Bhattacharya (1990). "Interview in Movie Magazine". Movie Magazine. Retrieved 3 Feb 2012.