Jaime Augusto Mayol
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Jaime Augusto Mayol (born February 5, 1980 in San Juan, Puerto Rico) is a Puerto Rican model and host. Mayol is known for being the winner of the 2006 Manhunt International pageant and for being the host of Pégate al Mediodía and Idol Puerto Rico.
Early years and education
Mayol was born on February 5, 1980 in San Juan, Puerto Rico. He is 6 ft 2 in (1.88 m) tall. When he was 18 years old, he moved to Utah to attend college, thanks to an athletic scholarship to be a member of the Brigham Young University (BYU) volleyball team. Mayol eventually earned a degree in International Business and has worked as a sales and marketing executive in a public relations agency. He is also a professional volleyball player.
Modeling and hosting career
At some point, Mayol decided to start modeling. In 2006, he traveled to Jinjiang, China for the 2006 Manhunt International pageant as a representative of the United States (East Coast), and ended up winning the pageant. With this title, he internationalized his modeling career and acquired the title of "Top Model".
Mayol has also served as a judge in the 2007 Mr. Panama competition. In 2008, he moved to Mexico to join the CEA of Televisa. In 2008, became host of the "YouTV" E!, which covered the events and interviewed figures in the entertainment and social environment.
- McLeod, Paul (27 April 2003). "MEN'S VOLLEYBALL; Deep BYU Earns Final Four Berth". Los Angeles Times. p. D7. Retrieved 10 March 2011.
- "Para imprimir". El Nuevo Dia (in Spanish). 16 July 2009. Retrieved 10 March 2011.
- "Male Model Competition Final Winners Announced". China Radio International. 20 April 2006. Retrieved 10 March 2011.
- Rodríguez, Lineth (26 May 2007). "Ganó el romántico". Panamá América (in Spanish). Retrieved 10 March 2011.
- Guzmán, Marcos Billy (April 25, 2012). "Idol Puerto Rico regresa con más drama, talento, y emoción". El Nuevo Día.
|This biography article about a United States model is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|