Jaime González Airport
|Jaime González Airport
Aeropuerto Internacional Jaime González
Airport sign at the entrance
|Elevation AMSL||31 m / 102 ft|
Source: Aerodrome chart
Jaime González Airport (Spanish: Aeropuerto Internacional Jaime González) (IATA: CFG, ICAO: MUCF) is an international airport that serves Cienfuegos, a city on the southern coast of Cuba, and capital of the province of Cienfuegos.
Airlines and destinations
|American Eagle||Charter: Miami|
|Cubana de Aviación||Montréal–Trudeau, Toronto–Pearson|
|Miami Air||Charter: Miami|
|Silver Airways||Fort Lauderdale|
|Sky King||Charter: Miami|
|Sunwing Airlines||Montréal–Trudeau, Toronto–Pearson|
Cienfuegos Air Base
The airport is an inactive Cuban Revolutionary Armed Forces air base:
- 3684 Helicopter Regiment - Mil Mi-8TB transport helicopters, Mil Mi-24D attack/transport helicopter and Mil Mi-35 helicopter gunship/transport
History of Cienfuegos Air Base
World War II
During the war the base was set up to use a non-descript number for postal operations. They used the Fleet Post Office, Atlantic located in New York, New York with the address: 317 FPO NY.
The US Navy code word for Cienfuegos during the war was ODOP.
- Aerodrome chart Issued 30 October 2007
- Airport information for MUCF from DAFIF (effective October 2006)
- "World War II US Navy Post Office Numbers".
- "Glossary of U.S. Naval Code Words".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jaime González Airport.|