This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2016)
|Sri Bhagawan Mahaveer Jain College (est. 1990)|
|Chancellor||Dr. Chenraj Roychand|
|Vice-Chancellor||Dr. Raj Singh |
Jain University, officially Jain (Deemed-to-be University), is a private deemed-to-be-university located in Bangalore, India. Originating from Sri Bhagawan Mahaveer Jain College, it was conferred the deemed-to-be-university status in 2009.
Jain University originates from Sri Bhagawan Mahaveer Jain College (SBMJC), established by the founder and chairman of JGI GROUP, Dr.Chenraj Roychand in 1990. It was conferred deemed to be university status in 2009.
Constituent colleges and centres
Jain (Deemed-to-be University) includes the following colleges and centers, all in Bangalore, unless otherwise noted:
- CMS Business school
- Center for Management Studies
- Center for Post Graduate Studies
- Centre for Research in Social Science and Education
- Centre for Nano and Material Sciences
- Centre for Research in Pure and Applied Sciences
- Centre for Disaster Mitigation
- Centre for Ancient Indian History & Culture
- Centre for Indian Psychology
- Centre for Advanced Studies in Biosciences
- Chenraj Roychand Centre for Entrepreneurship
- International Institute for Aerospace Engineering and Management
- School of Commerce Studies
- School Of Sciences
- School of Engineering and Technology - Jain University
Centre for creative arts and design
Jain University offers more than 200 UG and PG programs in commerce, sciences, humanities and arts, engineering and technology and management. It also offers courses for working professionals in the field of Business Administration, Engineering and Information technology.
Accreditations and rankings
|University and College rankings|
|General – India|
|NIRF (Overall) (2020)||101-150|
|NIRF (Universities) (2020)||85|
|Outlook India (Universities) (2020)||68|
|Engineering – India|
|Business/Management – India|
The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) ranked the institution 85 among universities and 101-150 overall in 2020. It also ranked it 117 among engineering colleges and 86 among business schools. Outlook India ranked it 68 among universities.
Jain (Deemed-to-be University) campus housing system can accommodate nearly 85 percent of the student population.
Jain (Deemed-to-be University) offers both on-campus (JGI Global Campus) and off-campus accommodations in different locations in Bangalore. For most of their hostel accommodation they have a contact with a company called Campus Students Communities(CSC). The residential arrangements are separate for the sexes. Jain (Deemed-to-be University) accommodations are managed by the Hostel Management Division.
- Anup Sridhar - Badminton
- Ann Augustine - Actress
- Bindu Subramaniam - Singer-lyricist and pianist
- Diganth – Actor
- Gagan Ullalmath - Swimmer
- Gaurav Dhiman - Cricketer
- H. S. Sharath - Cricketer
- Jagadeesha Suchith - Cricketer
- K. L. Rahul - Cricketer
- Karun Nair - Cricketer
- Kaunain Abbas - Cricketer
- Kriti Kharbanda - Actress
- Manish Pandey - Cricketer
- Mayank Agarwal - Cricketer
- Niranjan Mukundan - Paralympic swimmer
- Pankaj Advani - Billiards player
- Prajwal Devaraj - Actor
- Prasidh Krishna - Cricketer
- Rakesh Manpat - Shooter
- Ravikumar Samarth - Cricketer
- Rohan Bopanna - Tennis player
- Robin Uthappa - Cricketer
- Rohit Havaldar - Swimmer
- Sharath Gayakwad - Paralympic swimmer
- Shreyas Gopal - Cricketer
- Srinidhi Shetty - Model/Actress
- Samyuktha Hegde - Actress
- Varun Aaron - Cricketer
- "Jain University Leadership". jainuniversity.ac.in. Retrieved 10 August 2009.
- "Sri Bhagawan Mahaveer Jain College". Jain College. Retrieved 16 April 2018.
- "Deemed Universities in Karnataka". University Grants Commission. Retrieved 17 April 2018.
- "Schools: Jain (Deemed-to-be University)". Jain (Deemed-to-be University). Archived from the original on 13 December 2011. Retrieved 9 December 2011.
- "Programs and Courses Offered". Jain University. Retrieved 16 April 2018.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2020 (Overall)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Education. 11 June 2020.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2020 (Universities)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Education. 11 June 2020.
- "Top 75 Universities In India In 2020". The Outlook. 8 October 2020. Retrieved 8 October 2020.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2020 (Engineering)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Education. 11 June 2020.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2020 (Management)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Education. 11 June 2020.
- "Hostel facility in Best university of Bangalore". Jain (Deemed-to-be University). Retrieved 21 December 2018.
- "Anup Sridhar Profile". I love India. Retrieved 21 December 2018.
- "Top University for (Sports) in Bangalore, India". Jain University. Retrieved 21 December 2018.
- "Rohit Havaldar". CrunchBase. Retrieved 21 December 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jain University.|