Jainism in Africa
|Part of a series on|
The history of Jainism in Africa is relatively short when compared with the histories of Judaism, Christianity and Islam on the same continent. There are about 10,0000 Jains and around 10 Jain organizations in Africa.
Jainism entered Africa during the late 19th century, when Jains first emigrated from India to Kenya, and then to Uganda, Sudan and Tanzania.
Jainism in Kenya
Jainism in South Africa
Jains emigrated to South Africa under British colonial rule in India and South Africa, and exceeded in trade and business. Due to the high number of Jain tourists, in addition to the resident Jain community, many South African restaurants offer Jain food
- List of Jain temples
- Jainism in Europe
- Jainism in Hong Kong
- Jainism in India
- Jainism in the United States
- Brampton Jain Temple
- The Jains - Paul Dundas - Google Books. Books.google.com. 2002. ISBN 9780415266062.
- Jainism: The World of Conquerors - Natubhai Shah - Google Books. Books.google.com. 1998-10-19. ISBN 9781898723974.
- Jainism: A Pictorial Guide to the Religion of Non-Violence - Kurt Titze - Google Books. Books.google.com. 1998. ISBN 9788120815346.
- Jainism and Early Buddhism: Essays in Honor of Padmanabh S. Jaini - Google Books. Books.google.com. 2003. ISBN 9780895819567.
- Kenya churches handbook: the development of Kenyan Christianity, 1498-1973 - Google Books. Books.google.com. 1973.
- "Jain Convention Takes Places In Nairobi". The Star. 2011-01-18.
- Jabbal, Harleen (2012-01-02). "Kenya: Young Jains of Nairobi's Film Show". allAfrica.com.
- DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Kenya: Kenya - Philip Briggs - Google Books. Books.google.com. 2011-09-01. ISBN 9780756684457.
- J.N.K. Mugambi 2010, p. 108.
- Cultural and Religious Heritage of India: Jainism - Google Books. Books.google.com. 2004. ISBN 9788170999577.
- "Many SA hotels offer Jain, veg cuisine - India - DNA". Dnaindia.com. 2009-02-05.