Jaipur Junction railway station
|Express train and Passenger train Station|
|Location||Hasanpura, Jaipur, Rajasthan
|Elevation||434 metres (1,424 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Zone(s)||North Western Railway|
Jaipur Junction railway station (Code : JP) is a railway station in Jaipur. Jaipur also serves as the headquarters of the North Western Railway zone of the Indian Railways since 2002. The Jaipur Division of the North Western Railway is also headquartered at Jaipur.
It is located along Railway Road. The inter-state bus terminal Sindhi Camp is also close to the station. It is linked to other parts of the country by meter gauge and broad gauge lines. It is the busiest railway station in Rajasthan.
One of India's most famous and luxurious trains The Palace on Wheels, also makes a scheduled stop in Jaipur. Jaipur Junction is 5 km away from City wall of Jaipur. The newly constructed Jaipur metro has a stop here.
The main lines passing through Jaipur are :
- . Delhi-Jodhpur line via Makrana, Degana, Merta road (Single Broad gauge Diesel line )
- . Delhi- Ahmedabad line via Ajmer (Diesel broad gauge line)
- . Sawai Madhopur - Jaipur line terminates at Jaipur (Single Broad gauge Diesel line )
- . Jaipur - Churu (Meter gauge )
Nearby railway stations
- Gandhinagar Jaipur railway station
- Gator Jagatpura Railway Station
- Durgapura railway station
- Dehar Ka Balaji Railway Station
- Bais Godam Railway Station
- Kanakpura railway station
″Railway station″ station of Jaipur Metro
- Jaipur Junction railway station at the India Rail Info
|This article about a railway station in the Indian state of Rajasthan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|