जैसलमेर हवाई अड्डा
|IATA: JSA – ICAO: VIJR|
|Airport type||Civil enclave|
|Owner||Airport Authority of India|
|Operator||Airport Authority of India|
|Elevation AMSL||751 ft / 251 m|
Jaisalmer Airport (IATA: JSA, ICAO: VIJR) (Hindi: जैसलमेर विमानक्षेत्र ) is located 17 kilometres south-east of Jaisalmer in Rajasthan, India. The airport operates as a civil enclave on an Indian Air Force base. The airport has a single runway of 9,000 feet (2,700 m) in length and 150 feet (46 m) in width. Carriers that have previously flown to/from the airport include Vayudoot and Kingfisher Airlines. As of 2015, it was never used for civil flights and was closed. 
New civil terminal
The Airports Authority of India has constructed a new terminal at the southern end of the airfield. Construction of the Rs. 80 crore terminal was completed in March 2013. The civil enclave is spread over 65 acres and consists of the terminal and an apron for parking three Airbus A321 aircraft. The terminal was expected to be operational by August 2013, however, it is yet to be inaugurated. The opening of the new airport was expected to boost tourist inflow into the city as many tourists were unable to visit the city due to lack of air services.
Airlines and destinations
No scheduled commercial air service.
- "Kingfisher Airlines Launches Direct Flights Connecting Udaipur to Mumbai". 26 December 2007. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
- Wilkes, Tommy (August 19, 2015). "Ghost airports highlight risks as Modi spends to grow". Reuters. Retrieved 2015-08-20.
- "India's Jaisalmer Airport remains closed three years after opening". Daily Mail Online. August 19, 2015. Retrieved 2015-08-20.
- "Rupees 80 crore-worth airport left abandoned". Dainik Bhaskar. 2 September 2013. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
- "Airports Authority of India". Aai.aero. 2010-04-20. Retrieved 2013-07-27.
- PTI Jun 4, 2013, 10.08PM IST (2013-06-04). "Civil airports in Jaisalmer and Bikaner soon: AAI - Economic Times". Articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2013-07-27.
- "Jaisalmer to have its own airport | Aviation News". Indian Airmen. 2011-10-07. Retrieved 2013-07-27.
- "Jaisalmer airport still awaits air service". The Times of India. 9 February 2014. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
Airport information for VIJR at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.