Blažič in 2016 with Slovenia
|No. 11 – Cedevita Olimpija|
|Position||Shooting guard / Small forward|
|Born||June 30, 1990|
Jesenice, SR Slovenia,
|Listed height||1.96 m (6 ft 5 in)|
|Listed weight||96 kg (212 lb)|
|NBA draft||2012 / Undrafted|
|Career highlights and awards|
Jaka Blažič (born June 30, 1990) is a Slovenian professional basketball player for Cedevita Olimpija of the Slovenian League, the ABA League and the EuroCup. He also represents the Slovenian national basketball team. Standing at 1.96 m (6 ft 5 in), he plays the shooting guard and small forward positions.
Blažič started his professional career in 2007 with Triglav Kranj. From 2009 to 2011 he played with Geoplin Slovan.
National team career
As a member of the senior men's Slovenian national basketball team, Blažič competed at the EuroBasket 2013 and 2014 FIBA World Cup. He also represented Slovenia at the EuroBasket 2015 where they were eliminated by Latvia in eighth finals.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
Note: The EuroLeague is not the only competition in which the player participated for the team during the season. He also played in domestic competition, and regional competition if applicable.
2014 traffic accident
In the early morning hours of Saturday, 4 October 2014, Blažič caused a traffic accident while driving under the influence, slamming his Volkswagen Golf into the back of a taxi vehicle while changing lanes at the corner of Nemanjina and Resavska streets in central Belgrade. No injuries were reported as the traffic patrol administered a breathalyzer test on the twenty-four-year-old KK Crvena zvezda basketball player, determining his blood alcohol level was above the 0.5‰ legal limit in Serbia. Several hours earlier, Friday evening 3 October 2014, Blažič had played in KK Crvena zvezda's opening game of the 2014–15 Adriatic League season versus Levski Sofia, an 85-55 blowout win in which he contributed 8 points including a spectacular dunk.
Later in the day, after paying the RSD16,000 (~€135) fine to the misdemeanor judge, Blažič publicly apologized "to the taxi driver whose car I hit, as well as to my club and its fans" while his club Crvena zvezda fined him according to its own disciplinary code of conduct by reportedly docking the amount of two monthly salaries from his pay.
- "UNION OLIMPIJA invests in promising guard Blazic". Euroleague.net. Archived from the original on November 6, 2012. Retrieved 23 September 2014.
- "CRVENA ZVEZDA adds Blazic". Euroleague.net. Archived from the original on July 7, 2013. Retrieved 18 June 2013.
- "JAKA HVALA TI ZA SVE I SREĆNO!". kkcrvenazvezda.rs (in Serbian). 14 September 2015. Archived from the original on 16 September 2015. Retrieved 14 September 2015.
- "Jaka Blazic joins Baskonia for the next three seasons - Saski Baskonia". Saski Baskonia. 15 September 2015. Retrieved 15 September 2015.
- "¡Gracias por todo, Jaka Blazic! - Saski Baskonia". Saski Baskonia (in Spanish). 3 July 2017. Retrieved 3 July 2017.
- "Arriba Jaka BLAZIC". bca.ad (in Spanish). 16 July 2017. Retrieved 16 July 2017.
- "Jaka Blazic: An intense and physical presence for Barça Lassa | FC Barcelona". FC Barcelona. 9 August 2018. Retrieved 9 August 2018.
- "Jaka Blažič is coming back to Stožice". aba-liga.com. Retrieved 20 July 2019.
- "SLOVENIA MAKE LAST CUT BEFORE ZAGREB TRIP". 3 September 2015. Archived from the original on 12 September 2015. Retrieved 12 September 2015.
- "STRELNIEKS STEERS LATVIA INTO LAST EIGHT". eurobasket2015.org. 12 September 2015. Archived from the original on 13 September 2015. Retrieved 12 September 2015.
- "Zvezda kaznila Blažiča zbog izazivanja saobraćajnog udesa: Izvinjavam se taksisti, klubu i navijačima". Večernje novosti. 4 October 2014. Retrieved 25 May 2019.
- "Ovako je Blažič naterao navijače da mu skandiraju u "Pioniru"!". Telegraf.rs. 3 October 2014. Retrieved 25 May 2019.
- "Zvezda demonstrirala silu na startu ABA lige, šoutajm Kalinića i Blažiča!". Telegraf.rs. 3 October 2014. Retrieved 25 May 2019.
- Todorović, N. (4 October 2014). "Blažič se izvinio za saobraćajnu nezgodu, Zvezda ga kaznila sa dve plate". Blic. Retrieved 25 May 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jaka Blažič.|