Jakab Industries was an Australian bodybuilder in Tamworth, New South Wales. It also bodied ambulances and postal vans.
Jakab Industries bodied its first bus in July 1973, a Ford R226. It mainly bodied buses for the defence forces, but also built some for commercial operators before withdrawing from the market in late 1995. It also built bodies for ambulances and postal vans. In the 1990s it also overhauled Mercedes-Benz and Scania buses for the State Transit Authority.
Following the collapse of Clifford Corporation in 1998, Volvo arranged for Jakab to take over the Ansair, Tamworth plant and complete the bodying of 60 Volvo B10BLEs for the State Transit Authority with the Orana style of body. The subsidiary was named Phoenix Bus.
- "Bodybuilders" Fleetline January 1996 page 20
- "The Austral Pacific Collapse" Australian Bus Panorama issue 14/5 page 17
- State Transit Authority - Sydney Buses & Newcastle Buses - Volvo B10BLE/Phoenix Orana Australian Bus Fleet Lists
- "Austral Pacific Group" Fleetline May 1999 page 76
- Jakab creditors to miss out Northern Daily Leader (Tamworth) 15 April 2002