Jakarta International Velodrome
|Location||Rawamangun, East Jakarta, Indonesia|
|Owner||Jakarta SCR Government|
|Operator||PT Jakarta Propertindo|
|Capacity||3,500 (track cycling)|
|Field size||250 m (270 yd) track|
|Architect||Cox Architects and BKM Indonesia|
|Project manager||PT Wijaya Karya|
|Structural engineer||Mott MacDonald|
|Main contractors||ES Global|
Jakarta International Velodrome is a sporting facility located at Rawamangun, East Jakarta, Indonesia. The arena was used as a venue for 2018 Asian Games and 2018 Asian Para Games. The Velodrome covers an area of about 9.5 hectares. The sports arena has a 250 m cycling track, designed by Schuermann Architects, tennis court and swimming pools. The velodrome has a seating capacity of 3,500 for track cycling, and up to 8,500 for shows and concerts. Although made for bicycle races, the complex will also be used for various sports activities such as volleyball, badminton, and futsal. The velodrome is certified as “Class 1” by the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI).
The original venue was built in 1973 and demolished to make way for the modern velodrome. Previously, the velodrome latter was used as the venue for the 2011 Southeast Asian Games. Demolished Rawamangun Velodrome was outdoor and classified as national standard, but after renovation the cycling venue into the indoor Velodrome has transformed to international standard and certification by the UCI.
- "Velodrome Rawamangun Diuji Coba Januari 2018". Kompas. Retrieved 3 January 2018.
- "Arena Balap Sepeda Velodrome Juga Akan Dipakai untuk Asian Para Games". Kompas. Retrieved 6 September 2018.
- "RI enters critical period in Asian Games preparation". The Jakarta Post. Retrieved 3 January 2018.
- "Lintasan Sudah 90 Persen Rampung, Timnas Sepeda Jajal Venue Velodrome Awal Mei". NYSN Media. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "Asian Games: Record-breaking cycling team sets sights on 2020 Olympics". The Jakarta Post. Retrieved 31 August 2018.
- topskor.id. "Untuk Asian Games 2018, Velodrome Rawamangun Dibuat Indoor". TOPSKOR. Retrieved 18 October 2018.