|Full name||Jake Ashley Cassidy|
|Date of birth||9 February 1993|
|Place of birth||Glan Conwy, Wales|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|2010||Airbus UK Broughton|
|2012||→ Tranmere Rovers (loan)||10||(5)|
|2012–2013||→ Tranmere Rovers (loan)||26||(11)|
|2014||→ Tranmere Rovers (loan)||19||(1)|
|2014–2015||→ Notts County (loan)||16||(4)|
|2015||→ Southend United (loan)||17||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 01:56, 17 February 2016 (UTC).
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 01:00, 14 December 2013 (UTC)
His debut season earned him a move to Welsh Premier League side Airbus UK Broughton in Summer 2010, and his impressive appearances for the club in a series of pre-season games saw him immediately depart for Wolverhampton Wanderers. He signed a two-year deal (with an option for a third) with the English Premier League side for an undisclosed fee following a short trial.
In March 2012, he moved on loan to League One side Tranmere Rovers, in a move later extended to run until the end of the season. He made his professional debut on 17 March 2012 in a 1–1 draw at Sheffield United, and scored in his second appearance, a 2–0 win at Rochdale. In total, he scored five times in ten appearances.
Ahead of the 2012–13 season the striker renewed returned for a second loan period with Tranmere Rovers; a move which lasted until January 2013. He scored his first goals of his return with a hat-trick against Colchester United in a 4–0 win on 1 September 2012 that put Tranmere top of the league. Cassidy was then named the League One Player of the Month for September 2012, after scoring seven league goals during the month. He returned to Wolves after his loan spell ended in January 2013 having scored 11 goals in 26 appearances.
Cassidy made his Wolves debut as a substitute in the club's FA Cup elimination at Luton Town on 5 January 2013, the final game of Ståle Solbakken's reign, before being selected to start Wolves' next league game by their new manager Dean Saunders. He made six league appearances as the club unsuccessfully fought to avoid relegation to League One.
At the start of the 2013–14 season, under new manager Kenny Jackett, Cassidy became a regular member of Wolves' matchday squads, starting several matches and appearing often as a substitute. However, he failed to score in any of these games.
In January 2014 joined Tranmere Rovers for a third loan spell, after a three-month deal was agreed. This loan spell, however, was less successful than his previous two as he scored just once in 19 appearances as the club struggled to avoid relegation.
After having signed a new one-year contract at Wolves (with an option for a further year), he was loaned to League One team Notts County in July 2014 until January 2015, during which time he scored four times during 20 appearances.
On 23 June 2015, with effect from 1 July 2015, Jake signed a 2-year contract with a further 1 year option with Oldham Athletic.
- "Professional retain list & free transfers 2012/13" (PDF). The Football League. 18 May 2013. p. 26. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2 August 2014. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- Rollin, Glenda; Rollin, Jack, eds. (2012). Sky Sports Football Yearbook 2012–2013 (43rd ed.). London: Headline. p. 554. ISBN 978-0-7553-6356-8.
- "UEFA Under 21 Matches / Gemau Ryngwladol UEFA Dan 21 v. Lithuania & San Marino" (PDF). FAW. 4 October 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on 4 October 2013. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
- "Wolverhampton Wanderers sign young forward Jake Cassidy". BBC Sport. 17 August 2010.
- "Tranmere Rovers sign Wolves striker Jake Cassidy on loan". BBC Sport. 16 March 2012.
- "Sheffield United 1–1 Tranmere". BBC Sport. 17 March 2012.
- "Rochdale 0–2 Tranmere". BBC Sport. 20 March 2012.
- "Tranmere Rovers sign Jake Cassidy and Joe Thompson". BBC Sport. 3 August 2012.
- "Cassidy named Player of the Month". The Football League. 12 October 2012.
- "Luton 1–0 Wolves". BBC Sport. 5 January 2013.
- "Wolves 1–1 Blackburn". BBC Sport. 11 January 2013.
- "Cassidy completes Rovers move". Tranmere Rovers F.C. 24 January 2014.
- "Jake Cassidy signs new Wolves deal". Express & Star. 4 July 2014.
- "Notts County sign Wolves striker on loan". BBC Sport. 25 July 2014.
- "Jake Cassidy: Wolves striker joins Southend United on loan". BBC Sport. 15 January 2015.
- "DEPARTURE: Striker Leaves Oldham Athletic". Retrieved 2016-08-31.
- Wales under-21 squad