|Rodney Jake Collier|
|Born||October 23, 1988|
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
|Other names||The Prototype|
|Residence||Cuba, Missouri, United States|
|Height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight||205.5 lb (93.2 kg; 14.68 st)|
|Reach||78.5 in (199 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Cuba, Missouri, United States|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Mixed martial arts career
After competing as an amateur for one year, Collier made his professional debut in November of 2010. He competed primarily for regional organizations around his native state of Missouri. He amassed a record of 7 - 1, before signing with the UFC on the heels of a first round finish of Gabriel Checco at RFA 19.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Collier was expected to face Josh Stansbury in a light heavyweight bout on December 3, 2016 at The Ultimate Fighter 24 Finale. However, Collier pulled out of the fight in late October citing injury and was replaced by Devin Clark.
On February 16, 2019 it was announced that Collier had tested positive for higanamine in an out of competition test for which he received a ten month suspension and he will be eligible to compete again on October 27, 2019.
Championships and accomplishments
Mixed martial arts
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|15 matches||11 wins||4 losses|
|Win||11–4||Marcel Fortuna||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Poirier vs. Pettis||November 11, 2017||3||5:00||Norfolk, Virginia, United States|
|Loss||10–4||Devin Clark||Decision (unanimous)||UFC on Fox: Johnson vs. Reis||April 15, 2017||3||5:00||Kansas City, Missouri, United States||Light Heavyweight debut.|
|Win||10–3||Alberto Uda||TKO (knee and spinning back kick to the body)||UFC Fight Night: Almeida vs. Garbrandt||May 29, 2016||2||1:06||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Performance of the Night.|
|Loss||9–3||Dongi Yang||TKO (punches)||UFC Fight Night: Henderson vs. Masvidal||November 28, 2015||2||1:50||Seoul, South Korea|
|Win||9–2||Ricardo Abreu||Decision (split)||UFC Fight Night: Boetsch vs. Henderson||June 6, 2015||3||5:00||New Orleans, Louisiana, United States|
|Loss||8–2||Vitor Miranda||TKO (head kick and punches)||UFC Fight Night: Machida vs. Dollaway||December 20, 2014||1||4:59||Barueri, Brazil|
|Win||8–1||Gabriel Checco||Submission (rear-naked choke)||RFA 19||October 10, 2014||1||4:27||Prior Lake, Minnesota, United States|
|Win||7–1||Quartus Stitt||Submission (guillotine choke)||Rumble Times Promotions||May 3, 2013||1||1:32||St. Charles, Missouri, United States|
|Win||6–1||Cully Butterfield||Decision (unanimous)||Rumble Times Promotions||October 26, 2012||3||5:00||St. Charles, Missouri, United States|
|Win||5–1||Sean Huffman||TKO (punches)||Cage Championships 38||June 23, 2012||1||0:48||Sullivan, Missouri, United States|
|Win||4–1||James Wade||TKO (punches)||Cage Championships 37||April 7, 2012||1||1:22||Washington, Missouri, United States|
|Loss||3–1||Kelvin Tiller||Submission (triangle choke)||Fight Me MMA||January 13, 2012||1||4:40||St. Charles, Missouri, United States|
|Win||3–0||Dan McGlasson||KO (punch)||Fight Me MMA||August 13, 2011||1||1:26||St. Charles, Missouri, United States|
|Win||2–0||Darryl Cobb||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Rumble Time Promotions||April 15, 2011||3||4:08||St. Charles, Missouri, United States|
|Win||1–0||James Wade||TKO (punches)||Rumble Time Promotions||November 19, 2010||1||2:05||St. Charles, Missouri, United States|
- "Fight Card - UFC Fight Night: Boetsch vs. Henderson". UFC.com. Retrieved June 6, 2015.
- Simon, Zane (2014-10-18). "Welcome to the UFC, Jake Collier". bloodyelbow.com. Retrieved 2014-10-18.
- John Morgan and Steven Marrocco (2014-10-16). "RFA champ Jake Collier makes octagon debut against Vitor Miranda at UFC Fight Night 58". MMAJunkie.com. Retrieved 2014-10-16.
- Ben Fowlkes (2014-12-20). "UFC Fight Night 58 results: Vitor Miranda KOs Jake Collier with one second left in first". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2014-12-20.
- Thomas Gerbasi (2015-05-04). "Collier in for injured Sarafian in NOLA". ufc.com. Retrieved 2015-05-04.
- Steven Marrocco (2015-06-06). "UFC Fight Night 68 results: Jake Collier takes split in slugfest with Ricardo Abreu". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-06-06.
- Rob Tatum (August 24, 2015). "Dongi Yang vs. Jake Collier Added to UFC Fight Night 79 in Seoul". combatpress.com.
- Steven Marrocco (2015-11-28). "UFC Fight Night 79 results: Dongi Yang TKOs Jake Collier in second". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-11-28.
- Guilherme Cruz (2016-03-31). "Undefeated Alberto Uda signs with the UFC, replaces Keith Berish vs. Jake Collier at UFC Fight Night 88". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- Brent Brookhouse (2016-05-29). "UFC Fight Night 88 results: Jake Collier crushes Alberto Uda with body kick in second round". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-05-29.
- Tristen Critchfield (2016-05-30). "UFC Fight Night bonuses: Garbrandt, Stephens, Barao, Collier pocket $50K Awards". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2016-05-30.
- Staff (2016-09-24). "Stansbury-Collier, Mutapcic-Smith added to The Ultimate Fighter 24 Finale". themmareport.com. Retrieved 2016-09-24.
- Staff (2016-10-28). "The Ultimate Fighter 24 Finale lineup undergoes a few changes". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-10-28.
- Staff (2017-02-11). "UFC heads to Kansas City for first time for UFC on FOX 24". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-02-11.
- Ben Fowlkes (2017-04-15). "UFC on FOX 24 results: Devin Clark's pressure too much in unanimous win vs. Jake Collier". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-04-15.
- Raphael Marinho (2017-08-08). "Marcel Fortuna tries UFC recovery against Jake Collier in Norfolk". sportv.globo.com. Retrieved 2017-08-08. (in Portuguese)
- "UFC Fight Night 120 results: Jake Collier outworks Marcel Fortuna for decision win". MMAjunkie. 2017-11-12. Retrieved 2017-11-12.
- DNA, MMA. "Marcin Prachnio maakt UFC debuut tegen Jake Collier tijdens UFC Orlando". mmadna.nl. Retrieved 2017-12-07.
- "Jake Collier out of UFC Orlando, replacement sought for Marcin Prachnio". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 2018-01-04.
- "UFC's Jake Collier accepts 10-month suspension from USADA, claims 'simple mistake'". MMAjunkie. 2019-02-19. Retrieved 2019-02-19.