||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Jacob "Jake" Farrow is an American television writer and actor. He worked as a writer and producer for a number of Dan Schneider-created series, including iCarly, Victorious, Sam & Cat, Henry Danger, and Game Shakers. As an actor, Farrow is known for the role of Gavin Mitchell on the Nickelodeon television series Drake & Josh, and for voicing Rex Powers a ventriloquist dummy character on the Nickelodeon television series Victorious.
From 2004 to 2007, Farrow played the recurring character of Gavin, a strange employee at "The Premiere", in the Nickelodeon series Drake & Josh. Gavin usually played a small part in the episodes of the show, being given relatively humorous lines and embarrassing Drake and Josh. He also appeared in "Merry Christmas, Drake and Josh!" Farrow reprised the role of Gavin for the iCarly episode "iStart A Fan War".
Since 2004, Farrow has worked closely with Drake & Josh creator Dan Schneider, and served as a writer for an episode of Drake and Josh. Prior to this, Farrow also wrote the story for an episode of the sitcom What I Like About You (which Schneider co-created with former Friends writer Wil Calhoun) entitled "The Party" from the show's first season.
After Drake and Josh, Farrow worked as a writer and producer on two other Nickelodeon series created by Schneider, iCarly, and Victorious. On Victorious he also voiced the puppet character Rex Powers. Farrow then worked as a writer and producer for the Nickelodeon series Henry Danger, where he has also appeared in two episodes as the voice of Invisible Brad. Farrow has produced and co-written several episodes of the Nickelodeon series Game Shakers.
As an actor
|2004–2007||Drake & Josh||Gavin||7 episodes|
|iCarly||Comedy Writer / Gavin
|Episodes: "iCarly Saves TV", "iStart a Fan War"
Crossover: "iParty with Victorious"
|2010–2013||Victorious||Rex (voice)||Recurring role; uncredited|
|2015||Game Shakers||Rex (voice)||Cameo; episode: "Tiny Pickles"|
|2015–2016||Henry Danger||Brad (voice)||Episodes: "Invisible Brad", "Grave Danger"|
As a writer
- Jesse (2000)
- Off Centre (2002)
- What I Like About You (2003)
- Drake & Josh (2005)
- Arrested Development (2005)
- iCarly (2007–2012) (also as a producer)
- Victorious (2010–2012) (also as a producer)
- Sam & Cat (2013–2014) (also as a producer)
- Henry Danger (2014–2015) (also as a producer)
- Game Shakers (2015–present) (also as a producer)
- Stacey Grant (May 5, 2016). "Did You Know This Drake & Josh Star Voiced Rex The Puppet On Victorious?". MTV News. Retrieved 2016-08-12.
- Laura Fries (June 12, 2008). "Review: 'iCarly Saves TV'". Variety. Retrieved 2016-08-12.
- "101 Best Written TV Series – 16 Arrested Development". Writers Guild of America, West. Retrieved 2016-08-12.