|Born||July 28, 1960|
Iowa City, Iowa, U.S.
Jake Johannsen (born July 28, 1960) is an American comedian.
Johannsen attended Iowa State University in the early 1980s, originally majoring in veterinary medicine, and then later changing to chemical engineering. He left after three years in college and relocated to San Francisco, California, in order to pursue a career in comedy. Johannsen made his debut at Cobb's Comedy Club in San Francisco, and by 1986 had won the 11th Annual San Francisco International Comedy Competition.
During the 1990s, Johannsen starred in his own HBO comedy special, This'll Take About an Hour, which was listed as one of the Ten Best Television Shows by People Magazine in 1992. In 1994, he was nominated as "Best Male Stand-Up Comedian" for the 1994 American Comedy Awards.
Johannsen also was the star headliner of the inaugural Iowa Comedy Festival. Johannsen performed October 16, 2010, at People's Court in downtown Des Moines to cap off the four-day event.
- "Jake Johannsen - Stand-Up Comedy Database - Dead-Frog - A Comedy Blog". Dead-Frog - A Comedy Blog.
- "CABLE LINKS; Jake Johannsen Offers About an Hour's Worth of Laughs". 29 December 1991. Archived from the original on 2 November 2012.
- "Blue Moon Talent - Corporate Event Entertainment and event management services at Blue Moon Talent - Visit us at bluemoontalent.com". www.bluemoontalent.com.
- "How Did Jerry Seinfeld Go About Casting Seinfeld? (2004)". Access Online.
- "Comedy Guy Entertainment, LLC". Comedy Guy Entertainment, LLC.