Lacy at the 26th TCA Awards in July 2010
February 14, 1985 |
Greenfield, Massachusetts, U.S.
|Alma mater||University of North Carolina School of the Arts|
|Spouse(s)||Lauren Deleo (m. 2015)|
Jake Lacy (born February 14, 1985) is an American actor. He is known for his portrayal of Casey Marion Davenport on the ABC sitcom Better with You and Pete Miller on the ninth and final season of The Office. He starred with Jenny Slate in the 2014 film Obvious Child and opposite Rooney Mara in Carol (2015).
Lacy was born in Greenfield, Massachusetts. He grew up in Pittsford, Vermont, where he attended Otter Valley Union High School and Patricia A. Hannaford Career Center's Addison Repertory Theater pre-professional program. There, he took vocational theater classes and embarked in acting roles. In 2008, Lacy graduated from the University of North Carolina School of the Arts (UNCSA) in Winston-Salem. After graduation, he worked odd jobs in the state of New York. He worked as a gym receptionist, a bar-back at a club and a waiter, while going to auditions during the day, until being cast in the role of Casey in Better with You.
Lacy acted in high school and performed on professional stages in the productions of A Midsummer Night's Dream as Demetrius (in Hartford Stage's production), and Much Ado About Nothing as Conrad (in the Oberon Theater Ensemble's production). Lacy played brief roles in a few episodes of Guiding Light before its cancellation. In 2010, he had a lead role in the Columbia thesis film C'est moi."
From 2010 to 2011, Lacy starred as Casey in the ABC sitcom Better with You. He starred as Pete Miller, or "Plop", in the ninth and last season of The Office. His next role was in the independent sports comedy Balls Out, where he played the lead Caleb Fuller who leads an intramural football team. In 2014, he starred in the comedy-drama film Obvious Child opposite with Jenny Slate. He also appeared in the HBO comedy Girls as Fran, a love interest of Lena Dunham's protagonist Hannah. Lacy starred opposite Rooney Mara in Carol (2015), as Richard, her character's boyfriend. In 2016, Lacy appeared in Their Finest, directed by Lone Scherfig. The film had its world premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival. and appeared in Miss Sloane directed by John Madden, which had its world premiere at the AFI Fest. In 2017, Lacy will appear in I'm Dying Up Here, a comedy series on Showtime.
Lacy married long-time girlfriend Lauren Deleo on August 22, 2015 in Dorset, Vermont.
|2010||C'est moi||Nathan||Short film|
|2014||Balls Out||Caleb Fuller|
|2015||Love the Coopers||Joe|
|2016||How to Be Single||Ken|
|2016||Their Finest||Carl Lundbeck / Brannigan|
|2008||Guiding Light||Chip||Episode 15546|
|2010–11||Better with You||Casey Marion Davenport||22 episodes|
|2012||Royal Pains||Floyd||Episode: "My Back to the Future"|
|2012–13||Office, TheThe Office||Pete Miller||21 episodes|
|2014||Michael J. Fox Show, TheThe Michael J. Fox Show||Scott||Episode: "Surprise"|
|2015||Billy & Billie||Keith||7 episodes|
|2015–16||Girls||Fran Parker||12 episodes|
|2016||Last Week Tonight||Miscellaneous Commercial Character||Episode: "Encryption"|
|2017||I'm Dying Up Here||Nick Beverly|
- "Jake Lacy profile". Pop Tower. Retrieved July 28, 2012.
- Owen, Rob (September 26, 2010). "'Better With You' is actor Jake Lacy's first big break". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved July 28, 2012.
- "Jake Lacy: Casey on ABC's 'Better with You'". Abcmedianet.com. Retrieved July 28, 2012.
- Jake Lacy at the Internet Movie Database
- Sojitra, Vinay (September 23, 2010). "Joanna Garcia & Jake Lacy Play Couple In ABC Family Drama 'Better With You'". Today24news.com. Retrieved July 28, 2012.
- Duke, Alan (August 21, 2012). "'The Office' shuts down after this year". CNN. Retrieved August 21, 2012.
- Guerrero, Dorothy (October 31, 2013). "Almost Famous". The Alcalde. Retrieved January 7, 2014.
- "'The Office' Actor Joins Cate Blanchett, Rooney Mara in 'Carol'". The Hollywood Reporter. February 11, 2014. Retrieved April 17, 2015.
- Tartaglione, Nancy (September 10, 2015). "Jack Huston, Jake Lacy Join 'Their Finest Hour And A Half' – First Look Photo". Deadline.com. Retrieved November 24, 2016.
- "Their Finest". Toronto International Film Festival. Retrieved November 24, 2016.
- Sneider, Jeff (January 7, 2016). "'Carol's' Jake Lacy Joins Jessica Chastain in Gun Control Movie 'Miss Sloane'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved November 24, 2016.
- Lang, Brent (October 24, 2016). "'Miss Sloane' to World Premiere at AFI Fest". Variety. Retrieved November 24, 2016.
- Petski, Denise (May 19, 2016). "Jake Lacy Joins Jim Carrey-Produced 'I'm Dying Up Here' on Showtime". Deadline.com. Retrieved November 24, 2016.
- Fecteau, Jessica (February 11, 2016). "Girls Star Jake Lacy Reveals He Was Secretly Married in August". People. Retrieved May 4, 2016.