Quickenden in 2014
3 September 1988
|Occupation||Television personality, footballer, singer, actor, model, former lifeguard|
|Television||The X Factor (2012, 2014)|
I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! (2014)
Dancing On Ice (2018)
Jacob "Jake" Quickenden (born 3 September 1988) is an English singer and reality television personality. He was a contestant on the ninth and eleventh series of The X Factor in 2012 and 2014, before being runner-up in series 14 of I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! in December 2014. After taking part in I'm a Celebrity, Quickenden met Carl Fogarty's daughter, Danielle and they dated until just after Dancing On Ice. In 2018, he won the tenth series of Dancing on Ice, where he was partnered with professional German figure skater Vanessa Bauer.Jake is currently starring in a U.K. tour of Hair The Musical.
|Full name||Jacob Quickenden|
|Date of birth||3 September 1988|
|Place of birth||Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire, England|
|Sunshine George Cross|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Quickenden plays football, mainly as a winger or forward. He began his football career as a youth player for Scunthorpe United but suffered a broken leg, ending his chances with his hometown club. Following recovery he was offered trials in Australia with Bentleigh Greens and Sunshine George Cross, eventually playing professionally in Australia for two years. He then returned to England and went on to play for Frickley Athletic in the Evo-Stik Northern Premier League, Premier Division. Most recently he played for Lincolnshire club Bottesford Town in the Northern Counties East Football League. In 2015, he turned down the opportunity to play for Gainsborough Trinity, apparently due to interest from other clubs. He joined Ossett Town in 2017.
Quickenden began his media career by appearing on the talent show The X Factor. After his 2012 departure, he has made a number of other media appearances since, including working as a presenter on the Chart Show TV channel.
The X Factor
In 2012, Quickenden auditioned for the ninth series of The X Factor, where he sang "Use Somebody" and received four yesses from the judges. At bootcamp, along with fellow contestants Adam Burridge and Robbie Hance, he sang "How to Save a Life". The judges decided to put him through to judges' houses where he was in the Boys category along with Burridge, Nathan Fagan-Gayle, Rylan Clark, Jahméne Douglas, and the series' eventual winner James Arthur and their mentor was Nicole Scherzinger. Quickenden sang "Back for Good" in front of Scherzinger and her guest, Ne-Yo. The next day, Scherzinger decided not to put Quickenden through to the live shows, choosing Clark, Douglas, and Arthur instead.
|The X Factor performances and results (2012)|
|First audition||Free choice||"Use Somebody"||Through to bootcamp|
|Bootcamp – Stage 1||Free choice||"How to Save a Life"
with Adam Burridge and Robbie Hance
|Through to stage 2|
|Bootcamp – Stage 2||Free choice||Unknown||Through to judges' houses|
|Judges' houses||Free choice||"Back for Good"||Eliminated|
In 2014, Quickenden once again auditioned for the eleventh series of The X Factor, where he sang "All of Me", but was stopped and asked to perform his second song, "Say Something". Quickenden received positive comments from the judges for his second song and gave him four yeses to proceed to the next round. In the arena audition, he performed "Who You Are" by Jessie J. Quickenden received good comments from the judges. Head judge Simon Cowell commented that he was not a big fan of previous contestants returning since there was usually a reason for them being sent home, but said that he was not judging in the 2012 series and that Quickenden should not have been eliminated. The judges decided to put Quickenden through to bootcamp. He was again in the "Boys" category with Mel B as his mentor. In the six-chair challenge of bootcamp, Quickenden sang "A Thousand Years" and his mentor gave him a chair and proceeded to the next round. At judges' houses, he sang "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic" and was put through to the live shows along with Andrea Faustini and Paul Akister.
|The X Factor performances and results (2014)|
|Room Audition||Free choice||"All of Me" / "Say Something"||Through to bootcamp|
|Arena Audition||Free choice||"Who You Are"||Through to stage 2|
|Bootcamp – Six Chair Challenge||Free choice||"A Thousand Years"||Through to judges' houses|
|Judges Houses||Free choice||"Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic"||Through to live shows|
|Live Show 1||Number ones||"She's the One"||Safe (8th)|
|Live Show 2||1980s music||"Total Eclipse of the Heart"||Safe (11th)|
|Live Show 3||Songs from films||"She's Like the Wind"||Bottom two (12th)|
I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!
Beginning on 20 November 2014, Quickenden took part in fourteenth series of I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!, entering the jungle on Day 5 of the competition with former politician Edwina Currie. Jake finished the show as runner-up to Carl 'Foggy' Fogarty.
Dancing On Ice
Quickenden was a contestant in the tenth series of Dancing on Ice, where he was partnered with professional German figure skater Vanessa Bauer. On 11 March 2018, he and Bauer won the competition over Brooke Vincent and Max Evans.
|2012, 2014||The X Factor||Himself||Contestant|
|2014||I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!||Contestant|
|2015||Dish Up: An Easier Way to Cook||Guest, 4 episodes|
|2018||Dancing on Ice||Contestant|
|2019||Ninja Warrior UK||Contestant|
Skelmersdale concourse lights switch on
In November 2017, Quickenden made an appearance at the Concourse Shopping Center located in Skelmersdale.
|I Want You||
|Year||Single||Peak chart position||Album|
|UK Indie Breakers|
|2015||"I Want You"||10||I Want You EP|
|"Can't Stand the Rain"||–|
|"Feel My Love"||–||Non-album single|
|"Get Away with Me"
(featuring Bailey McConnell)
|2018||"When You Kissed Him"||–|
|2019||"Afraid to be Lonely"||–|
|"Tearing Me Apart"||–|
|2019||Hair The Musical|
- Joseph Neal [@JosephNeal23] (3 September 2014). "Happy birthday to @JakeQuickenden my winner for this years X-Factor no doubt" (Tweet). Retrieved 6 October 2014 – via Twitter.[dead link]
- "Jake Quickenden says Danielle fell for him because he's like her dad". 5 July 2015.
- Fletcher, Alex (3 September 2012). "'X Factor' lifeguard Jake: 'I'd like to resuscitate Cheryl Cole'". Digital Spy. Hearst Magazines UK. Retrieved 6 October 2014.
- "Kim Glover Entertainment".
- "Blues sign X-Factor's Jake".
- "Jake Quickenden - Biogs.com". Biogs.com. Retrieved 21 November 2014.
- Sharp, Alex (14 January 2015). "Jake Quickenden turns down football return: I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! runner-up rejects Gainsborough Trinity". Daily Mail. DMG Media. Retrieved 14 January 2015.
- Johnston, Neil (17 August 2017). "FA Cup: Singer Jake Quickenden looking to hit the right notes for Ossett Town". BBC Sport. Retrieved 17 August 2017.
- "X Factor's Jake now TV presenter". Scunthorpe Telegraph. Local World. 27 July 2013. Archived from the original on 9 October 2014. Retrieved 6 October 2014.
- Connolly, Lynn (1 October 2012). "X Factor 2012: Next week's show will feature Nicole Scherzinger NAKED in bid to boost ratings but will she be forgiven for ditching Adam Burridge & Jake Quickenden?". Unreality TV. Archived from the original on 6 October 2014. Retrieved 5 October 2014.
- Percival, Ash (21 September 2014). "'Nicole was wrong to kick you out': Simon blasts ex-judge over X Factor hunk". Daily Star. Northern & Shell. Retrieved 19 February 2015.
- Fahy, Colette; Weitzmann, Deborah (6 October 2014). "Meet X Factor's final 12 which include an eight-piece boyband, the 'poshest' contestant ever and a BGT reject". Daily Mail. DMG Media. Retrieved 2 December 2014.
- Smith, Ryan (27 October 2014). "'He's like family to me!' Mel B sobs as her X Factor hopeful Jake Quickenden is sent home in third round of eliminations". Daily Mail. DMG Media. Retrieved 11 November 2014.
- "Jake Quickenden and Edwina Currie to join I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!". presscentre.
- Jefferies, Mark (7 December 2014). "I'm a Celebrity 2014: Carl 'Foggy' Fogarty is crowned King of the Jungle, Jake Quickenden comes second". Daily Mirror. Trinity Mirror. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
- Snowball, Cecily (11 March 2018). "Dancing On Ice: Jake Quickenden beats Brooke Vincent to the winner's crown after flawless Bolero receives unanimous praise during closely fought finale". MailOnline. Retrieved 11 March 2018.