|Some of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (November 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Jake Roche (second from the right) with Rixton after performing at the Click 98.9 New Artist Showcase in August 2014
|Born||Jake Peter Roche
16 September 1992
England, United Kingdom
Born in Reigate, England in 1992, Roche is the son of English actor and entertainer Shane Richie and his then wife, singer and television personality Coleen Nolan. His parents divorced when he was nine years old. He has said about the divorce: "I remember seeing on the front pages about my dad cheating, but, as horrible as that was, we didn't fully understand because we were so young – so it’s not had this massive, damaging impact on us or anything."
He has one sibling, his older brother Shane Roche Jr. (born 1988), from his parents' marriage, and four half-siblings; a half sister Ciara (born June 2001) from his mother's and stepfather Ray Fensome's marriage, as well as a half-brother Mackenzie Blue Roche (born in 2006), and two half-sisters Lolita Bell Roche (born in 2008) and Romani-Skye Angel Shelley (born in 2011) from his father's second marriage.
He attended St Mary's Catholic College in Blackpool, prior to moving to London.
In 2010, he auditioned for the part of Isaac Nuttall in Emmerdale. Of the auditions he has said that he did not tell anyone who his parents were, Roche has said "I'd never go off mum and dad’s back because I wanted to know I could hold my own in a job like this." He was subsequently cast in the part and appeared on screens from August to October 2010.
Roche is the frontman for the band Rixton (formerly Relics) a pop and R&B group signed by Scooter Braun's SB Projects. The members of Rixton are Roche on vocals and rhythm, with other members being Charley Bagnall, Lewi Morgan and Danny Wilkin.
Rixton's first music video was released in October 2013 entitled "Make Out," an upbeat song that lampoons on famous music videos from Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Robin Thicke, Justin Bieber and Nicki Minaj, but it was never released as a single. Their first official single, "Me and My Broken Heart" is taken from their EP of the same name.
Roche attended Reigate College in the town of Reigate in Surrey where his father lives. He was engaged to Jesy Nelson, from the group Little Mix. He proposed in the middle of a Little Mix soundcheck in 2015. Ed Sheeran surprised Jesy with her and Jake's favorite song, "Tenerife Sea". They later broke off the engagement and broke up in November 2016.
|2010||Emmerdale||Isaac Nuttall (12 episodes)|
|Rules of Love||Matt|
|2012||Friday Night Dinner||First policeman (1 episode, "The New Car")|
|Little Crackers||Paul McCartney (1 episode, "Alison Steadman's Little Cracker: The Autograph")|
|2012–2013||Scott & Bailey||Sammy Murray (3 episodes)|
|2014||The Haunted Hathaways||Himself, as part of Rixton.|
(As part of Rixton)
- 2014: Me and My Broken Heart EP
- 2014: "Me and My Broken Heart"
- 2014: "Wait on Me"
- 2015: "Hotel Ceiling"
- 2015: "We All Want the Same Thing"
- 2015: Let the Road
- Nolan, Coleen (2009). Upfront and Personal. London: PanMacmillan. pp. 123–124. ISBN 9780330506694.
- Soaps - News - Shane Richie's son cast in 'Emmerdale' - Digital Spy
- "BBC Two - Rules of Love". BBC Online. Retrieved 21 September 2014.
- O'Boyle, Claire (27 August 2010). "Emmerdale’s new star Jake Roche on growing up with famous parents Coleen Nolan and Shane Richie - mirror.co.uk". Daily Mirror. Retrieved 16 January 2011.
- "Jake Roche's second mum". Channel 5. Retrieved 16 January 2011.
- "Shane Richie comforts his mother after father dies of cancer aged 65". Mail Online. Daily Mail. 29 October 2009. Retrieved 16 January 2011.
- Mcmahon, Kate (6 July 2010). "Shane Ritchie and Coleen Nolan's son Jake gets rival soap role in Emmerdale as dad returns to EastEnders - mirror.co.uk". Daily Mirror. Retrieved 16 January 2011.