Roche at the Click 98.9 New Artist Showcase, in August 2014.
Jake Peter Roche
16 September 1992
Reigate, Surrey, England
|Associated acts||Push Baby|
Jake Peter Roche (born 16 September 1992) is an English singer, songwriter and actor. He is known as the lead vocalist of the band Push Baby, charting at number 1 on the UK Singles Chart with "Me and My Broken Heart". In 2010, he appeared in the ITV soap opera Emmerdale, portraying the role of Isaac Nuttall.
Born in Reigate, England in 1992, Roche is the son of actor Shane Richie and his then wife, singer and television personality Coleen Nolan. His parents divorced when he was nine years old. He has said about the divorce: "I remember seeing on the front pages about my dad cheating, but, as horrible as that was, we didn't fully understand because we were so young – so it’s not had this massive, damaging impact on us or anything."
In 2010, he auditioned for the part of Isaac Nuttall in Emmerdale. Of the auditions he has said that he did not tell anyone who his parents were, Roche has said "I'd never go off mum and dad’s back because I wanted to know I could hold my own in a job like this." He was subsequently cast in the part and appeared on screens from August to October 2010.
Roche is the frontman for the band Push Baby (formerly Rixton), a pop and R&B group signed by Scooter Braun's SB Projects. The members of Rixton are Roche on vocals and rhythm guitar, with other members being Charley Bagnall, Lewi Morgan and Danny Wilkin.
Rixton's first music video was released in October 2013 entitled "Make Out", an upbeat song that lampoons on famous music videos from Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Robin Thicke, Justin Bieber and Nicki Minaj, but it was never released as a single. Their first official single, "Me and My Broken Heart" is taken from their EP of the same name.
Roche attended Reigate College in the town of Reigate in Surrey where his father lives. He was engaged to Jesy Nelson, from the group Little Mix. He proposed in the middle of a Little Mix soundcheck in 2015. Ed Sheeran surprised Jesy with her and Jake's favorite song, "Tenerife Sea". They later broke off the engagement and broke up in November 2016.
|2009–2015||Loose Women||Himself||6 episodes|
|2010||Emmerdale||Isaac Nuttall||12 episodes|
|2010||Rules of Love||Matt||Television film|
|2012||Friday Night Dinner||First policeman||1 episode|
|2012||Little Crackers||Paul McCartney||1 episode|
|2012–2013||Scott & Bailey||Sammy Murray||3 episodes|
|2014||The Haunted Hathaways||Himself||1 episode; with Rixton|
|2013||The Young Victorians||Henry||Television film|
(As part of Push Baby)
- 2014: Me and My Broken Heart EP
- 2014: "Me and My Broken Heart"
- 2014: "Wait on Me"
- 2015: "Hotel Ceiling"
- 2015: "We All Want the Same Thing"
- 2015: Let the Road
- Nolan, Coleen (2009). Upfront and Personal. London: PanMacmillan. pp. 123–124. ISBN 9780330506694.
- "RIXTON | full Official Chart History | Official Charts Company". www.officialcharts.com. Retrieved 3 March 2019.
- "Shane Richie's son Jake to star in Emmerdale | News | Emmerdale | What's on TV". What' s on TV. 5 July 2010. Retrieved 3 March 2019.
- O'Boyle, Claire (27 August 2010). "Emmerdale's new star Jake Roche on growing up with famous parents Coleen Nolan and Shane Richie – mirror.co.uk". Daily Mirror. Retrieved 16 January 2011.
- "Singer revelling in fatherhood as baby arrives". www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk. Retrieved 3 March 2019.
- Mcmahon, Kate (6 July 2010). "Shane Ritchie and Coleen Nolan's son Jake gets rival soap role in Emmerdale as dad returns to EastEnders – mirror.co.uk". Daily Mirror. Retrieved 16 January 2011.