Jake Scott (guard)
Scott in November 2008
|No. 73, 64|
|Date of birth:||April 16, 1981|
|Place of birth:||Lewiston, Idaho|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||295 lb (134 kg)|
|High school:||Lewiston (ID)|
|NFL draft:||2004 / Round: 5 / Pick: 141|
|Career highlights and awards|
Career NFL statistics
|Stats at NFL.com|
Jake Ross Scott (born April 16, 1981) is a former American football offensive guard. Scott was selected by the Indianapolis Colts in the fifth round of the 2004 NFL Draft, where he played his first four seasons, and then played four seasons with the Tennessee Titans. Scott was signed mid-season in 2012 by the Philadelphia Eagles. Scott played college football at Idaho, where he walked-on and was a four-year starter.
He played college football at the University of Idaho, where he walked-on and redshirted his first year. He was a four-year starter for the Vandals (2000–03), starting in 46 games at weak-side tackle for head coach Tom Cable. Scott earned a bachelor's degree in civil engineering in 2003.
In the 2004 NFL Draft, Scott was taken in the 5th round with the 141st selection. He started nine games in his rookie year and was selected for the 2004 Football Digest All-Rookie Team. Scott started all 16 games in 2005 and 2006, including the post-season and Super Bowl XLI, a victory over the Chicago Bears in February 2007.
- "Eagles sign Jake Scott, release Vandervel". csnphilly.com. November 12, 2012.
- idaho.scout.com - "Super Bowl Ring for Jake Scott" - 2007-02-05 - accessed 2011-08-10
- ESPN.com - Titans agree to four-year deal with Scott - 2008-03-10 - accessed 2011-08-10
- Philadelphia Eagles - bio - Jake Scott
- Tennessee Titans - bio - Jake Scott
- YouTube.com - Jake Scott - December 2012
- Career statistics and player information from NFL.com • ESPN • CBS Sports • Fox Sports • SI.com • Pro-Football-Reference • Databasefootball.com