|Kansas City Royals – No. 65|
Born: September 16, 1992|
|April 12, 2017, for the Kansas City Royals|
|MLB statistics |
(through September 22, 2018)
|Earned run average||4.38|
Junis was born in Sterling, Illinois and attended Rock Falls High School in Rock Falls, Illinois. The Kansas City Royals selected Junis in the 29th round of the 2011 Major League Baseball draft. He had been committed to play college baseball at North Carolina State University, but he signed with the Royals instead of attending college.
Junis made his professional debut in 2012 with the Burlington Royals where he went 2-2 with a 4.15 ERA in seven games (six starts), pitched in 2013 with the Idaho Falls Chukars where he posted a 2-6 record and 7.39 ERA in 13 starts, and in 2014 with the Lexington Legends where he pitched to a 9-8 record and 4.30 ERA in 26 games (22 starts). Junis pitched for the Wilmington Blue Rocks and Northwest Arkansas Naturals in 2015 where he compiled a combined 5-12 record and 3.78 ERA in 27 starts, and started 2016 with Northwest Arkansas. In August he was promoted to the Omaha Storm Chasers. In 27 combined started between Northwest Arkansas and Omaha he was 10-10 with a 4.05 ERA. The Royals added him to their 40-man roster after the 2016 season. Junis began 2017 with Omaha.
Junis made his MLB debut on April 12, 2017. After his debut, he was recalled and optioned a multitude of times before he was called up to Kansas City for the remainder of the season on August 14. In 12 starts for Omaha he was 3-5 with a 2.92 ERA, and in twenty games (16 starts) for Kansas City, he compiled a 9-3 record and 4.30 ERA.
Junis began 2018 in Kansas City's starting rotation.
- Brennan, Larry (August 16, 2011). "Rock Falls graduate gets deal he wanted from Royals". SaukValley.com. Retrieved November 19, 2016.
- Boone, Tony (July 6, 2016). "Jake Junis emerges as Royals' young arms still finding their legs". Omaha World-Herald. Retrieved November 19, 2016.
- Boone, Tony (August 8, 2016). "Storm Chasers pitcher Jake Junis earns win in Triple-A debut against Colorado Springs". Omaha World-Herald. Retrieved November 19, 2016.
- "Royals add four players to 40-man roster". Kansas City Star. November 18, 2016. Retrieved November 19, 2016.
- Kerkhoff, Blair (April 12, 2017). "Scouting report from Ned Yost's son led to Royals calling up Jake Junis". Kansas City Star. Retrieved April 15, 2017.
- "Jakob Junis Stats, Highlights, Bio - MiLB.com Stats - The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". MiLB.com. Retrieved May 23, 2018.