Jakob Vaage (9 February 1905 – 29 January 1994) was a Norwegian educator, author and historian. He served as secretary of the Association for the Promotion of Skiing and curator of the Holmenkollen Ski Museum.
Vaage was born in Aker, Norway. His parents were Jakob Vaage (1862–1953) and Mathilde Gundersen (1866–1953). He was raised in the Oslo neighborhood of Lilleaker. Vaage studied science at the University of Oslo, where he became cand.real. in 1931 with a botany major. His specialty was plants of the Arctics. He was employed as a high school teacher in Ullern from 1934 until he retired in 1972. 
During the occupation of Norway by Nazi Germany, he was imprisoned along with hundred of other Norwegian school teachers. He was incarcerated in Bredtveit concentration camp from March 1942, then in Grini concentration camp for some days. On 31 March he was moved to Jørstadmoen, later to Kirkenes. He was released in November 1942.
He was admitted to the SK Ull skiing club in 1947. He served as deputy chairman from 1970 to 1973 and chairman from 1973 to 1992. He served as secretary of the Norwegian-based Association for the Promotion of Skiing from 1945 to 1947, and curator of the Holmenkollen Ski Museum in Oslo from 1946 to 1984. He wrote many books about Norwegian skiing including Skikongen Lauritz Bergendahl (1975) and Den satt! og andre nye og gamle skihistorier (1983. with Birger Ruud).   
He was married in 1938 to Berit Gerd Andersen (1918–1995). He received the Medal of St. Hallvard in 1976. For his historical works regarding Holmenkollen, Vaage earned the Holmenkollen medal (Holmenkollmedaljen) in 1984. Vaage died during 1994 and was buried at Ullern kirkegård in Oslo.   
- Rolf Bryhn. "Jakob Vaage". Store norske leksikon. Retrieved January 1, 2017.
- "Jakob Vaages". lokalhistoriewiki.no. Retrieved January 1, 2017.
- Ottosen, Kristian, ed. (2004). Nordmenn i fangenskap 1940–1945 (in Norwegian) (2nd ed.). Oslo: Universitetsforlaget. p. 710. ISBN 82-15-00288-9.
- Vaage, Jakob (1983). Skiklubben Ull 100 år 1883–1983 (in Norwegian). Oslo. pp. 7–9.
- Smith, Svein H.; Seeberg, Sverre (4 July 1994). "Odd Harsheim (obituary)". Aftenposten (in Norwegian). p. 15.
- Bråthen, Harald, ed. (1983). Snø og ski. 100-års jubileumsbok for Foreningen til ski-idrettens fremme (in Norwegian). Oslo: Association for the Promotion of Skiing. p. 189.
- Leif Torgersen Axell. "Jakob Vaage". Norsk biografisk leksikon. Retrieved January 1, 2017.
- "Tidligere mottakere av St. Hallvard-medaljen" (in Norwegian). Oslo municipality. Retrieved 30 September 2010.
- "Holmenkollmedaljen" (PDF) (in Norwegian). Association for the Promotion of Skiing. Archived from the original (PDF) on 18 December 2008. Retrieved 21 July 2009.
- Erik Mørstad. "Nils Aas". Norsk kunstnerleksikon. Retrieved June 1, 2018.
- Memorial in Vaage's honor. November 10, 2000 Archived September 28, 2007, at the Wayback Machine. (in Norwegian)
- Personal involvement in the Sondre Nordheim statue
- Vaage's contribution to Telemark skiing history. (in Norwegian)
Rolf Bloch Hansen
| Secretary of the Association for the Promotion of Skiing
|This biographical article about a Norwegian historian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Norwegian biographical article related to winter sports is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|