Jalal Shamshuddin bin Hasan
|Part of a series on Shīa Islam
Syedna Jalal Shamshuddin bin Hasan (died on 16 Rabi-ul-akhir 975 AH/1568 AD in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India) was the 25th Da'i al-Mutlaq (Absolute Missionary) of the Dawoodi Bohra branch of Musta‘lī Ismaili Islam. He was the first Ismaili Dai in India after the shift of Daawat office from Yemen to India. He succeeded the 24th Dai Syedna Yusuf Najmuddin ibn Sulaiman to the religious post.
Syedna Jalal had traveled to Yemen to seek knowledge from the 23rd and the 24th Dai. After arriving in back to his hometown, Ahmadabad, Syedna Jalal bought a piece of land in Saranpur (a suburb of Ahmadabad) with his personal funds so that a structure could be built that would accommodate a gathering of all followers. He collected all his savings from various businesses to cover the building expenses, but the funds were not sufficient - his personal funds only covered half the expenditure. He was in charge of affairs in India, and had access to funds in treasury. He felt that it was better to draw from it only after obtaining the blessings of Syedna Yusuf. The construction was halted for half a month until Maamji, son of Shaykh Mujaal learned of the stalled work, took it upon himself to manage and finance the project to completion.
Syedna Jalal became Da'i al-Mutlaq in 974 AH /1567 AD. His period of Da'awat was from 974-975 AH/ 1567-1568 AD (<1 Years). Before the appointment of Dai, he was last Wali ul Hind in India working for the movement. Syedna Jalal Shamshuddin appointed or gave nass to Syedna Dawood Bin Ajabshah.
- ; The Isma'ilis: Their History and Doctrines, By Farhad Daftary, 1992 - History,p.303
- ; Mullahs on the Mainframe: Islam and Modernity Among the Daudi Bohras, By Jonah Blank; p.41
- List of Syednas Archived July 16, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-21. Retrieved 2014-03-27.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- List of Syednas (according to Dawoodi Bohras)
- Chronological List of Duatil Mutlaqin)
- Daftary, Farhad, The Ismaili, Their History and Doctrine(Chapter -Mustalian Ismailism-p. 300-310)
- Lathan, Young, Religion, Learning and Science
- Bacharach, Joseph W. Meri, Medieval Islamic Civilisation
Yusuf Najmuddin ibn Sulaiman
| 25th Dā'ī al-Mutlaq
: 975–999 AH/ 1568–1591 AD
Dawood Bin Ajabshah