|Member of Iranian Parliament|
28 May 1984 – 28 May 1988
|Constituency||Tehran, Rey and Shemiranat|
|Member of Assembly of Experts for Constitution|
15 August 1979 – 15 November 1979
|Born||c. 1935 (age 83–84)|
|Political party||Islamic Republican Party|
|Islamic Coalition Party|
Jaleleddin Farsi (Persian: جلالالدین فارسی) is an Iranian former politician who served as a member of the parliament from 1984 to 1988. He was also elected to the 73-man Assembly of Experts for Constitution responsible for drafting the constitution in 1979.
Farsi belonged to the Islamic Republican Party's radical faction and was its candidate for president in the 1980 election, however he was replaced by Hassan Habibi after his Afghan origin was revealed (according to Article 115 of the constitution, president must be an Iranian citizen with Iranian origin).
- توطئه فراماسونها در دادگستری
- Sepehr Zabir (2012). The Left in Contemporary Iran (RLE Iran D). CRC Press. p. 104. ISBN 978-1-136-81263-7.
- Adelkhah, Fariba (2015). The Thousand and One Borders of Iran: Travel and Identity. Iranian Studies. 27. Routledge. p. 44. ISBN 1317418972.
- Baqer Moin (1999). Khomeini: Life of the Ayatollah. I.B.Tauris. p. 233. ISBN 978-1-85043-128-2.
- "Iranian politician condemned to death", United Press International, 1 February 1996, retrieved 2 November 2017
|Party political offices|
Inaugural presidential election
| Islamic Republican Party nominee for President of Iran
|This article about an Iranian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|