||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||Tamil Nadu, India|
Syed Jalaluddin Umri (Urdu: السيّد جلال الدین عمری Arabic: سيّد جلال الدین العمری(Born in 1935) is the present Amir of Jamaat-e-Islami Hind and serving the third term. He is an eminent Islam intellectual, author, educationalist, and reform leader in India. He has authored more than thirty books and umpteen number of research articles on diverse subjects with Islamic perspective.  Among the Islami circles, he is considered an authority on human rights in general, and women and Islami family system in particular.
Born in a village in North Arcot district of Tamil Nadu in 1935 Received early education in the village school. Later joined Jamia Darussalam Umerabad for Arabic education from where completed his ‘Fazeelat’ course in 1954. Appeared for various examinations of the University of Madras and obtained the degree of ‘Munshi Fazil’ in Persian Language and Literature. Passed B.A. (English Honours) examination from Aligarh Muslim University. After the completion of studies at Umerabad, came to Rampur which was then a centre of Jamaat-e-Islami Hind and associated himself with its Department of Research and Writing In 1970, this department was shifted to Aligarh and after a decade it was assigned to an autonomous society called “Idara-e- Tahqeeqate-o- Tasneef -e- Islami” in 1981. Maualana Jalaluddin Umri Sahab was its secretary right from its inception till 2001 and now the President. He is also the editor of its renowned quarterly journal “Taheqeeqate-Islami “. This journal is published regularly since 1982. In the literary circles it is viewed in high esteem. It is given weightage and importance.
Association with Jamaat-e-Islami Hind
Maolana Jalaluddin Umri Sahab began his association with Jamaat-e-Islami Hind during his student years. After completing his studies, he dedicated himself to its Research department. He served as the city Ameer of Jama'at of Aligarh for a decade, and the editor of its monthly organ Zindagi-e-Nau (زندگىء نو) for five years. Later, the Jama'at elected him to its All-India deputy Ameer, which he served for four consecutive terms (Sixteen years). In 2007, the Jama'at's Central Council of Representatives elected him its Ameer (Chief). He was again re-elected as Jama'at's Ameer in 2011. Moulana Syed Jalaluddin Umari has been elected as Ameer, Jamaat-e-Islami Hind for the fourth term April 2015 - March 2019. 
- President of Jamaat-e-Islami Hind, a movement active for the establishment of Peace in the country. He was its Vice-President since 1991 and became President in 2007.
- Chief Patron of Students Islamic Organisation of India, the largest student organisation of South Asia
- Founding member of All India Muslim Personal Law Board, a federation of Muslim organisations in India.
- Chairman, Idara-e-Tahqeeq wa Tasneef-e-Islami Aligarh, an Islamic Research Institute, and Editor of its journal Tahqeeqat-e-Islami. Chancellor, Jamaiat-ul-Falah, an Islamic University based in northern India.
- Managing Director, Sirajul-Uloom Girls College, Aligarh.
- Chancellor, Jamiatus Suffa, Warangal.
- Chief Patron, Quran House, Hyderabad.
Academic Activities and Selected works
Maolana Jalaluddin Umri Sahab is a prolific writer in Urdu language and has produced over 32 books. Some of his books have been translated in Arbi, English, Turkish, Hindi, Telugu, Bangla, Tamil and KannaR languages.
His famous works include Maroof wa Munkar, Islam ki Dawat, Musalman Aurat ke Huquuq aur Un par aeterazaat ka Jaiza, SeHat-o-marz aur Islam ki Taleemat, Islam meN khidmat-e-khalq ka Tasawwur.
- Islamic Solution to Human Issues
- Inviting to Islam
- Woman and Islam
- Muslim Woman: Role and Responsibilities
- The Rights of Muslim Woman - An Appraisal
- The Concept of Social Service in Islam
- Islam and Unity of Mankind
- Islam: The Religion of Dawah
- Islam : Relation with Non-Muslims.
|Party political offices|
Abdul Haq Ansari
|Ameer of Jamaat-e-Islami Hind
2007 – Present