Jalaun (Lok Sabha constituency)
The serial number of this constituency in Uttar Pradesh, is 58. This constituency is reserved for Scheduled caste candidates.
In the 2004 Lok Sabha Elections, 44.25% of eligible voters exercised their franchise.
There were nine candidates. Bhanu Pratap Singh Verma of the Bharatiya Janata Party(BJP), who secured 195,228(33.67%) votes, was elected by a margin of 26,791 votes. And ex member of parliyament Mr.Ghanshyam anuragi .He defeated Mr. Babu Lal Kushwaha of Bahujan Samaj Party.
|Constituency number||Name||Reserved for (SC/ST/None)||District||Number of electorates (2014)|
Members of Parliament
- 2014: Bhanu Pratap Singh Verma, Bharatiya Janata Party2.75 lacs votes
- 2009: Ghanshyam Anuragi, Samajwadi Party
- 2004: Bhanu Pratap Singh Verma, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) margin: 26,791 votes.
- 1999: Brij Lal Khabri, Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP)
- 1998: Bhanu Pratap Singh Verma, BJP
- 1996: Bhanu Pratap Singh Verma, BJP
- 1991: Gaya Prasad Kori, BJP
- 1989: Ram Sevak Bhatia, Janata Dal
- 1984: Lachhi Ram, Indian National Congress (INC)
- 1980: Nathuram Shakyawar, Indian National Congress (Indira)
- 1977: Ramcharan, BLD
|BJP||Bhanu Pratap Singh Verma||5,48,631||49.46|
|NOTA||None of the Above||10,291||0.93|
|BJP gain from SP||Swing|