Division of Ilkhanate territory
|Today part of|
|History of Greater Iran|
The Jalairids were a Mongol Jalayir dynasty which ruled over Iraq and western Persia after the breakup of the Mongol khanate of Persia in the 1330s. The Jalairid sultanate lasted about fifty years, until disrupted by Timur's conquests and the revolts of the Kara Koyunlu ("Black Sheep") Turkmen. After Timur's death in 1405, there was a brief attempt to re-establish the sultanate in southern Iraq and Khuzistan. The Jalairids were finally eliminated by the Kara Koyunlu in 1432.
The Jalairid administration and chancellery was modeled after Ilkhanate protocols, with documents in Persian and Mongolian. Their diplomatic correspondence also copied the Ilkhanate's, using a red ink square seal with Islamic phrases in Arabic.
|Mu'izz-ud-duniya wa al-Din
|Shaikh Awais Jalayir||1356–1374|
|Shaikh Hasan Jalayir||1374|
|Shaikh Hussain Jalayir||1374–1382|
|Shaikh Bayazid Jalayir
Ruler of Iraq-i 'Ajam at Soltaniyeh and contender for the throne
|Sultan Ahmed Jalayir
Ruler of Iraq-i 'Arab at Baghdad and contender for the throne
|Shah Walad Jalayir
son of Shaikh Ali Jalayir
|Mahmud bin Shah Walad Jalayir
under tutelage of Tandu Khatun
|1411 (1st reign)|
|Awais bin Shah Walad Jalayir||1411-1421|
|Muhammad bin Shah Walad Jalayir||1421|
|Mahmud bin Shah Walad Jalayir||1421-1425 (2nd reign)|
|Hussain bin Ala-ud-Daulah bin Sultan Ahmed Jalayir||1425-1432|
|Husein Gurkan||daughter of Arghun|
|Tandura Khatun||Al'a od-Dowleh|
- Jackson, edited by Peter; Lockhart, the late Laurence (1986). The Cambridge History of Iran, Volume 6: The Timurid and Safavid periods (Repr ed.). Cambridge: New York. p. 978. ISBN 0521200946.CS1 maint: Extra text: authors list (link)
- Broadbridge, Anne F. Kingship and Ideology in the Islamic and Mongol Worlds, (Cambridge University Press, 2008), 157.
- Bayne Fisher, William. The Cambridge History of Iran, p.3: "From then until Timur's invasion of the country, Iran was under the rule of various rival petty princes of whom henceforth only the Jalairids could claim Mongol lineage"
- The History Files Rulers of Persia
- Bosworth, Clifford Edmund. The new Islamic dynasties: a chronological and genealogical manual. New Edinburgh Islamic Surveys Series; ISBN 0-7486-2137-7, 978-0-7486-2137-8
- Jackson, Peter (2008). "JALAYERIDS". Encyclopaedia Iranica, Vol. XIV, Fasc. 4. pp. 415–419.
|This Iran-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Iraq-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Middle Eastern history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|