महर्षी वाल्मिकी विमानतळ, जळगाव
|Owner||Airports Authority of India|
|Operator||Airports Authority of India|
|Elevation AMSL||840 ft / 256 m|
Jalgaon airport was built in 1973 by the Public Works Department. The Jalgaon Municipal council took over its operations in April 1997 and handed it over to the Maharashtra Airport Development Company in April 2007. The Government of Maharashtra signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with The Airports Authority of India (AAI) to upgrade the existing airfield in July 2009. The then President of India, Pratibha Patil laid the foundation stone for the development and expansion of the Jalgaon airport in June 2010. The AAI completed the first phase of work worth Rupees 61 crores in Feb 2012 including an apron and a taxiway. and the revamped airport was inaugurated on 23 March 2012 by President Pratibha Patil
Jalgaon airport is spread over 630 Acres and has one runway oriented 09/27, 1,700 metres in length. Its new apron measuring 68 metres by 67 metres provides parking space for 2 ATR aircraft at a time. The runway has basic approach and runway edge lighting. Navigational and landing aids at this airport includes a DVOR /DME and a PAPI (Runway 27 only). The 700 square metre terminal building can accommodate 50 passengers.
Airlines and Destinations
|Air Deccan||Mumbai (begins 15 September 2017)||1|
The central government announced that ten airports including Jalgaon in the state to be developed and started under the Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS). The commencement of domestic air service from Jalgaon will start soon.
- http://www.aai.aero/misc/AIPS_2012_14.pdf AAI Aerodrome data
- "Airstrips in Maharashtra". Maharashtra Public Works Department. Retrieved 3 February 2012.
- "President inaugurates Jalgaon airport". Newstrackindia.com. 23 March 2012. Retrieved 25 March 2012.
- "MADC - Projects". Maharashtra Airport Development Company. Archived from the original on 26 February 2012.
- "President lays foundation stone for Jalgaon airport". Zeenews.com. 13 June 2010. Retrieved 4 February 2012.
- "Jalgaon Airport works". Indian Express. 2 February 2012. Retrieved 4 February 2012.